Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you having for breakfast?

What are you having for breakfast?

Since I love the dinner thread - I thought it might be fun to share some breakfasts too Breakfast tends to get old since we almost always eat oatmeal (trying to keep cholesterol down) I try to make it intersting by adding dried fruits and a few nuts. My favorite combo is walnut and dates.

This morning - I fixed a pretty high cholesterol breakfast but it sure was yummy!! I soft scrambled eggs in some margarine and then added some sharp cheddar at the last minute. We were out of bread but I think this would have been terrific served with a soft tortilla.

I think the Sirrahs enjoy food

It is currently 2.30am and i am hungry so i am thinking about having breakfast now LOL. It will probably be toast or porrige (cooked oats), milk and brown sugar..yum.

peaches and cream oatmeal, banana, and skim milk hmm it was so good..

I made homemade cinnamon rolls this morning. They are SO easy to make out of a tube of refrigerated crescent rolls!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Those are all very impressive breakfasts. I feel very guilty and bad. I had 3 jaw breakers for breakfast.

I don't normally eat jaw breakers for breakfast but that's all I had at home (haven't gone grocery shopping) and I didn't feel like stopping.

If anybody has ideas on quick & healthy breakfasts, that would be great!
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I don't eat breakfast 99% of the time.

This morning I had a plain bagel with fat free cream cheese. (boring, I know)
    Usually I have oatmeal and put (too much) butter and brown sugar in it. LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by king2005
    I don't eat breakfast 99% of the time.
    same here LOL.....

when I do itīs weird...... most times I have a quesadilla which is a tortilla and cheese (if you heard anything else itīs not, it SHOULD be just cheese), I can also have the same but in bread LOL.....

another *tasty* is a tortilla with these meat (not sure how you call it) but itīs like in strands (hair like thick) and then with some (red "chile", not like chilli beans another type of spice) then some beans (spreaded) and cheese.....*yuuuummy*

I can ocassionally have hotcakes, but without syrup (yeah iīm weird) but mostly on weekends (whe i have more time)

I donīt do cereal as I donīt do milk...... I can eat it without but not so appealing.....
    I donīt do eggs as Iīm allergic.......

Iīm a little cutdown on options thatīs why I almost never breakfast....
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee
    This morning I had a plain bagel with fat free cream cheese. (boring, I know)
    BORING??!!...... what do you mean I LOOOOOOVE BAGELS........ adn that creamy cheese........*drools*......... now you made me hungry!!
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Dont tell Jade (-Pickle-) about the cream cheese bagel.... she LOVES them!

I have pain au chocolat for breakfast most days
    -Ellie

'If everyone else's opinion is what matters, then do you ever really have one of your own?'- Jodi Picoult, Nineteen Minutes

Eating when I first get up makes me nauseous. I take a bagel to work with me and usually eat about 9am. Today I had peanut butter on it.

When I was kid, I hated breakfast. My Mom insisted we eat something before we went to school and for a long time my Mom was hospitalized and Dad cooked for us. As a result, I don't associate "normal" breakfast food with that meal. When Dad was cooking we often at eggs, pancakes ect for dinner. Mom would make me anything I wanted as long as I ate before school...So I think pizza, kraft dinner ect is breakfast food!

On weekdays, we have english muffins, bagels or some other treat I can make the night before.

On weekends I get a little more creative. Pancakes, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, crepes (they are NOT difficult but do take practice), waffles, things that take more time but are always yummy.

Mimi has developed a taste for eggs so I make them fairly often on weekends in attempts to fatten her up a bit.
    The complete Knit-wit and occasional domestic diva.

Going to a church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Since I have the day off, I ate CoCo Pebbles! haha.

I had a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch! Mmmm

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

I made scrambled eggs, bacon, and potatoes today.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits