Thread: Anyone ever have a cat pee from Feliway?

Anyone ever have a cat pee from Feliway?

We still have the pee cams going but we haven't had any problems in a few weeks since Scout took her meds and started the new diet. Well yesterday I noticed the Feliway Plug-In in the dining room was almost empty so I put in a new refill. About 30 minutes later Rumor went in, sniffed the refill and then peed on the carpet runner we put down to protect the carpet. She's not my peeing cat - it's Rocky and Scout!!! At least it was on the plastic and not the carpet so easy clean up. We caught it all on camera so I know it's her and I'm sure it has something to do with the Feliway. Guess I'm going to have to stop using them. I think the cats fight less when they are plugged in but I don't want pee.

I have a new bottle of the Feliway Spray I need to sell or something because I can't use it. Seems like the spray makes someone (Rocky) want to pee but the Plug-ins always worked and never caused a problem.

From Decker with Love

I was just reading Justine's thread about the cat peeing and I think she said she had one pee right on the plug in.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    I was just reading Justine's thread about the cat peeing and I think she said she had one pee right on the plug in.
    I just now saw that and replied. Unbelievable!

My vet told me she's never had luck with Feliway and she thinks it makes things worse. I told her I've been using them for years and I felt they helped. So much for that!

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    That's exactly what my pee cats did.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

This thought crossed my mind when I was asking about it for Taz's behavior. I've been using the spray on a collar for a couple days now. I sure hope it doesn't make him start peeing. I don't think Bruce would put up with that.
    Oh dear, just one more thing to worry about.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Lori, I'm sorry to hear this. Sometimes I think that I'm throwing my money away by buying the feliway plugins. My cats aren't peeing but I use them to try to help them get along better. Right now they've all been fighting a lot more than usual. I think I'll stop using them for a while to see what happens.

In the other feliway thread, Nancy's posted that a friend e-mailed her about feliway plugins causing house fires. I sure hope that this is only a rumor. I've already had a flood at my place this year and I certainly don't want a fire too.