Thread: 17 year old boy tortured for over a year

17 year old boy tortured for over a year

This happened in Tracy, CA. A woman I work with lives on the same street!!

http://www.insidebayarea.com/trivall...251?source=rss

I tried to copy and past some of the text, but that web page is being weird. Sorry.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Im hoping some very bad things happen if they are found guilty.

When the teenager wandered into the In-Shape Sports Club, 101 S. Tracy Blvd., around 3:30 p.m. Monday, he was wearing only flesh-colored boxers. He had visible cuts and burns on his back and was described as being emaciated and covered in soot, dried blood, feces and urine, police said.
    Kelly Layne Lau, 30, and Michael Luther Schumacher, 34, are expected to be arraigned later this week on charges of torture, kidnapping, false imprisonment, child endangerment and corporal injury to a child. They are each being held on $1.2 million bail and are scheduled to appear in San Joaquin Superior Court in Manteca at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

What would ever lead people to do that to another human being? I may never understand. I do hope their children were unaware of this, somehow, and that in any case, they will receive extensive counseling.

I hope the boy is taken someplace safe, warm and given over to the care of people who will love him.

Saw this on the news today but I didn't really understand. I still don't. I don't understand what could compel two people to abuse a child like that. For what purpose or motive? There must be some *serious* corruption and/or mental illness here...

This story just makes me so mad and sick. Do they know who the boy's real parents are?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I read that the boy had come from a group home before being
    placed with these people. This level of cruelty is shocking.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    This story just makes me so mad and sick. Do they know who the boy's real parents are?
    The article shows a picture of his aunt that was allegedly involved with his disapperance from the group home, I believe. Perhaps his parents are no longer alive.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

http://www.kcra.com/news/18202586/detail.html

This is disgusting, this woman not only allowed this to go on, she participated.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post

This is disgusting, this woman not only allowed this to go on, she participated.
    OH my goodness! And this probably happened in front of the other children too. So sad. At least that boy is out of that environment now. Poor kid.

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post

THis reminds me of a old crime that happened here in Indy. In that case
    the girl was not only tortured, she died from the abuse. I can't believe
    how evil some humans can be.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...EWS06/80814026
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Another suspect was arrested. And my friend/co-worker went to high school with this man.

And the woman reported earlier as being the boys aunt is in fact his mother!!!

http://www.news10.net/news/local/sto...9&provider=top

The Good in People

This story shows the good that came from the people who helped this boy - nice to see after all the h*** he had been through.

At the bottom of the linked article, there are places to donate for Kyle.

http://tracypress.com/content/view/16658/2244/

A tortured teen touches our town
    Written by Press Editorial Board
    Friday, 05 December 2008

Folks from across the country and even around the world are asking how to help the teen who escaped captivity Monday, and we have the answer. It’s not the way we want Tracy to be noticed.

A shackled, emaciated teen jumps a fence to escape his alleged abusers on Tennis Lane. But this week’s news in Tracy became the world’s news. And as details were released, the story got more horrific.

The only light in such a dark story is how it’s brought out the best from people, near and far.

Roger Hearns, who’s followed the story from Boise, Idaho, called us wondering about the 16-year-old’s future.

“What’s gonna happen to this kid?” he asked.

A woman from Kuwait e-mailed to say, “God bless this young man, and God help us …”

Workers at In-Shape Sports Club became the first heroes, as they welcomed the frightened boy who walked in wearing only a pair of baggy boxer shorts. They wrapped him in towels, called 9-1-1 and offered him a banana and water. They listened as he spoke and sobbed when he curled up into a fetal position.

Now In-Shape has a box at the front desk to take donations for “the young man who came in for help.”

There have been other heroes, too. While the boy whose name we now know is Kyle was treated at Sutter Tracy Community Hospital, nurses bought him pizza when they heard he hadn’t had any in a year.

Police officers stood watch outside his hospital room. Later, they pooled their money to buy him a portable Nintendo DS game.

Irene Rose, Tracy Police Department’s crime prevention officer, was swamped with calls from people who wanted to help. As she awaited word from Child Protective Services in Sacramento, which is now caring for the boy, she took more than 70 calls.

Now she refers callers to Sacramento Child Advocates, which has set up a trust fund for Kyle — a boy who doesn’t even know how he has touched our town.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Where was it, in NJ, where those 4 boys were being starved in their foster home? I think it was a foster home. Wasn't there a younger brother they found in a suitcase or a rubbermaid in the basement? I think that's what happened.

Foster care misses so much because the workers are so overwhelmed by their case loads. It's not an excuse, but the administrators who assign the cases and don't hire enough people really need to get a clue. I know it has to be hard to keep up, but damn, I think I'd be out there 24hrs a day if I had to to keep up with the kids and make sure they were safe. None of the faking reports and all that crap.

Again.. society. What is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    Foster care misses so much because the workers are so overwhelmed by their case loads. It's not an excuse, but the administrators who assign the cases and don't hire enough people really need to get a clue. I know it has to be hard to keep up, but damn, I think I'd be out there 24hrs a day if I had to to keep up with the kids and make sure they were safe. None of the faking reports and all that crap.
    Agreed!
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.