Thread: Re

Re

I also have a big plastic tote that I use for a litter box, but have never thought about cutting a hole in the sides. It's a good idea. Mollie June has trouble with getting infections, so I have thought about trying the pine litter to see if it would help her.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Reachoutrescue posted this photo of the litter box provided for a cat who was just admitted to their shelter. I'll show you the picture and then ask the questions.

It's a storage box, which got me thinking. Some storage boxes you can purchase at K-Mart or Target have high sides. Cassie is good at kicking the litter over the side of the box. I put a cotton rug underneath the box, but I still hoover up a lot of litter. I wonder if a storage box would be better, because of those high sides? If I cut down two of the sides so she can get in and out easily? Would I cover the cut sides with duct tape, do you think?

Also -- does anyone have experiences with pine litter, good or bad? I am trying to switch her from clay to pine. I'm mixing them right now, but the pine pellets are too big for the slots in the scoop. I'm not sure I'm doing this right. She's using the box as if nothing had changed, no problem there, and I am trying to keep it regularly scooped.

Thank you all,
    Elyse and Cassie Cat

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    We use large storage totes as litter boxes too. It really helps if you have cats that like the "fling". We mix cheapo clay litter with Feline Pine. It works very well.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I AM STARTING TO USE THE FRESH STEP LITTER AS ITS EASIER TO TOTE HOME AND THE FOUND CATS SEEM TO USE IT.
    I CANT THINK OF THE NMAE , ITS THE TAN FLUFFY LITTER AND 7 POUNDS OF IT HAS THE SAME VOLUNE AS 40 POUNDS OF THE CLUMPING AND LASTS A BIT LONGER!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

One of our litter boxes is a storage box with high sides and a hole in the LID for the kitties to use as a door. That prevents litter flinging and dog litterbox raiding!

Thank you Wolf_Q!