Thread: my rat has a lump on its neck

my rat has a lump on its neck

Well i have a rat..
    she has this lump on her neck.. i think that i gave her something she couldn't digest and when i was giving her a bath i felt them in her stomach.. i looked up to see if i could give her anything to digest faster but i couldn't find anything.. i dont have the money to take her to the vet and im hoping it will go aways.. but could anyone tell wat they think..

Does it feel like it is just under her skin, or deeper? Could you call a clinic tomorrow and ask how much it would be for them to just see her for this? Is she eating and pooping normally? Is she behaving normally?

My daughter has had rats for years. They are the most wonderful and loving pets. They do however get these bumps or tumors often. They are very fast growing and once they appear some of her rats have died within a week. I hope that is not the case but it is what has happened to us several times. Kisses to your precious ratty and best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Does it feel like it is just under her skin, or deeper? Could you call a clinic tomorrow and ask how much it would be for them to just see her for this? Is she eating and pooping normally? Is she behaving normally?
    yeah its really round and fat..
    im goin 2 call them tomorrow when i get home..
    yeah she loves to eat and she popping normally.. and yeah she behaves..
    i just think she may of eating something she cant digest.. b/c my mom sometimes feed her human food not rat food or fruit or veg.

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    My daughter has had rats for years. They are the most wonderful and loving pets. They do however get these bumps or tumors often. They are very fast growing and once they appear some of her rats have died within a week. I hope that is not the case but it is what has happened to us several times. Kisses to your precious ratty and best of luck.
    I also had a rat with got a tumor and it is very common. Please be sure to get in touch with youyr vet ASAP to find out the problem as they do grow rapidly. I hope all is well with your buddy and it is nothing.

Just a word of warning if it isn't a tumor and it was from a food, the Bolt movie treats for small animals have already caused rats to choke to death. Apparently they aren't very easy for them to chew and swallow.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

i have a rat with a lump there to

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    its just under his skin and he act just fine

It may just be a fatty tumor, called a "wen" but it is best to get a vet to check it out, just to be safe.
    I've Been Frosted