Thread: Hi... I'm new here

Hi... I'm new here

Hi... I had a 4 yr old cat named Dude I had to put down this past Aug. That was really hard to do, and I cried like a baby. A few days later I was given a 6 week old male orange (more like blonde) tabby who I named Jo. He is so sweet and affectionate. According to my lease he has to be fixed, which I cannot afford. I checked all the organizations and still cannot afford their fees. You see, I broke my wrist a couple years ago and had to have 4 operations to fix it. So now one of the doctors is having my check garnished cuz I couldn't afford to pay his bill. I am also paying my student loan. So I am lucky if I have anything left after I pay my other bills for groceries and gas. I always make sure Jo has food and litter. He is the number one priority in my life and I love him to death. I can always count on him to be there for me when I get home from work. If you know of anyone who can help me out with this please let me know. Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Welcome to PT.

Where are you located?

If you are in the U.S.A., have you tried looking at the SPCA for low cost neuter?
    It runs about $25-30 for a male cat.

It is important that Jo be neutered, for many reasons.

If you wish to appeal for $ help, go to Cat General.
    Donations usually are given to an organization, or a vet on the pet's behalf, as there could be people out there scamming for $. And we don't usually contribute directly to the owner's name.

We wish you best of luck, and come back often.
    We like to see pictures of your baby Jo.

Hi there!! I see you found Pet Talk! I just LOVE this place, I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do. You meet lots of friendly people and so many wonderful pets.

I hope something develops for Jo. I didn't realize it was a requirement of where you live. Still, if you check with your state law, it is usually about age 6 months, so if he is just 6 weeks now, you have some time to gather resources and find a place to take him in.

Best wishes!
    Sandie

Hi and welcome to Pet Talk. I've read the other threads where you've mentioned your situation including the one where you said that your other kitty had feline leukemia. I was wondering how much the vets in your area were asking for the neutering. I also wanted to suggest, even though it would cost more money, was to look into the vaccinations for your sweet kitty Jo. I only say that because there is a feline leukemia vaccination that may help prevent Jo from catching it. Although this is a disease that is passed by contact with an infected cat, through saliva or urine. I do hope all goes well with you and that you look into the many suggestions that were given to you in your thread in Cat General. And again...

Welcome to Pet Talk!

Welcome to Pet Talk! As has been suggested, look into the SPCA for neutering your cat. It's fairly inexpensive. Please get him up to date on his shots, too. I know, it's an extra expense but some diseases, such as feline leukemia as Moesha mentioned, are highly contagious and we certainly wouldn't want anything to happen to the little fella.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Welcome, I have too agree with everyones thoughts. Lets keep this baby safe. The shots are very important as is the neutering. You seem to have some time as most vets will not neuter before 6 months. So look around, contact the local shelters, some have discount programs. One I just found one that knocked 35.00 off a bill of 118.00 my old vet wanted 375.00. So the point is shop around.
    I hope that we will seen up in cat general aften.
    GILL & Crew;