Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pit bull itchy dry skin-need idea that actually work

Info Helped A lot!!

Hey everyone I had purchased a Razors Edge pitbull recently and The breeder who is a Pitbull breeder mentioned he had no idea and could be the shampoo and after reading this post, I have bottles of the capsules of the Fish Oils and im going to try them out ASAP when i get home in the morning. He Finally tells me that Pitbull Bullies have a dry skin itchy problem that is hereditary and that would have helped after spending a boat load of money at the vet. He mentioned three times a week 1 Raw Egg and the fish oils. Im not gonna do the Egg deal but im jumping right to the fish oils. Thank you all for this post, cause if not i would be a lost cause wondering why my por Tink was chewing away her limbs.

I would take her to the vet.. do a skin scraping also to rule out mange. Fish oil pills aren't a magic pill, she can have dry skin from something else also.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Quote Originally Posted by polarpooch View Post
    THANK YOU guys for suggesting this wonderful and simple idea to help my pittie. He's doing much, much better. After about a week, he's hardly scratching at all. His ears are healing (thanks to a little neosporin on the scabs that he is no longer scratching at)! And his fur feels super soft now. I am totally amazed. Thanks agan, Pet Talk people!
    We just rescued a pit bull mix and she is a sweetie. She too is itching and I was wondering if we need to break the capsules open and put it on her food or give it to her in capsule form?

Just give them the capsule, it will break down inside the pup.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

If you continue having problems, there is a new "miracle drug" called Apoquel that was supposed to come out last year... due to such a highly unanticipated success during beta, they ran out of product early in the year last year (they anticipated having enough product for a year, but it was all sold to the beta clinics in less than a month!!!!!!). Our clinic has been on the waiting list for just shy of a year now, but for clinics in the area that were fortunate enough to get their hands on the product (one of which is a dermatologist) they have been speaking EXTREMELY HIGHLY of it. One of our clients was able to go to a clinic that had some in stock and put him on it... a pit bull with general itchy skin, and nothing ever worked... and it is a night and day difference FAST.

Yes, it's rx only, but if there's a clinic in your area who was fortunate enough to be a beta clinic and has some in stock, it will absolutely be worth it!!!!!

Fish oil is definitely worth a shot (and is relatively inexpensive) but it is not always the "fix all" to itchy skin issues... definitely worth a shot, though, in every instance.

facebook