Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart worker dies during Black Friday.

Wal-Mart worker dies during Black Friday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128/...wal_mart_death

I think this is such a pity, and every year Black Friday is just getting worse.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

This is so tragic. What will it take for people to see how ridiculous this shopping frenzy is? How far the commercialization of Christmas has gone? There is nothing anywhere that would make me need to act that crazy just to buy something on sale. True insanity!!

Rest in Peace Poor Man

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Sick. It's almost like people "think" they are supposed to act this way and so they do You couldn't pay me to go anywhere near the stores on this hyped up day.

Man people are truly sick.
    I have never gone out for black friday sells...no matter how cheap the stuff is, it's not worth it at all

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    How very tragic indeed. I refuse to be part of Black Friday Madness - my life is worth more to me than getting a great bargain. It just seems to get worse every year - and I shop more on line every year also.

My sympathies go out to that poor man's family! RIP Sir!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Such a sad story.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

There used to be a time that stores did not open until regular business hours regardless of the black friday thing. To boot, it used to be illegal to be on private store property when the store was closed. If they had just stuck to both of those things it 'might' have prevented this horrible thing from happening.

Just goes to show that thousands of people value STUFF more than PEOPLE.

I feel sorry for the families of the person that died and also for those that were injured and their families as well.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

How tragic! And he wasn't even a regular employee, just a from a temp agency.

People are behaving more and more like animals. It's just sad.

I avoid Black Friday sales and the malls like a plague. You couldn't pay me to do shopping at this time of year.

First time I hear about Black Friday. We don't have that here and after reading this I hope we never do.

Complete madness. All in the name of 'things'. Those people must be giving their heads a shake, wondering how things got so out of control.

Uggghhhh..I realy wish they would do away with Black Friday!! When I worked for Wal-Mart many years ago, I had to work Black Friday when I was 8 months pregnant! not a good time, people do not care! they are mean and rude,a nd very pushy! Peoples manners go out the window! Our manager got bruised ribs, when the door lock stuck, and the one door wouldnt open, people just shoved him out of the way!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I heard this and was stunned, I believe a pregnan women was also trampled and her baby miscarried because of it, I could be wrong. It's so stupid, over a sale? What's the fascination? I never understood why today is such a big deal to people, I wanted to go to the mall today, but am now glad I didn't. It seems now going shopping you must fear for your life!

I have never went out on Black Friday. I prefer to do my Christmas shopping as far away from Christmas as possible. Wednesday I had to go to Wal Mart for dog food and last minute groceries, it was real busy then and took forever to check out (even though I was in the 20 items or less lane) I can just imagine what it would look like on Black Friday.

That poor man. I feel for his family. It's astonishing how greedy some people can be.

That's horriable.I can't believe that people would do that.They killed someone just so they would save a few bucks on a new t.v. or camera.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

The worst part is that it will be near impossible to prosecute for this barbaric crime. In a crowd of 2,000 "animals", how do you prosecute for this? You just can't. His family will never get the justice they deserve for the death of their family member. I'm sickened and ashamed of all those animals.

And a pregnant woman DID get trampled, she was 8 months pregnant, and she and baby are said to be fine. Someone mentioned the baby was miscarried, but as far as I read, mom and baby are fine, just bruised and battered.