Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Size is not directly proportional to training

Cathy,
    Your problem child looks a bit like mine. I know what you mean it is embarrasing.
    I have had Bubba since a pup and it happened gradually, I would take him to the dog park and he would mostly hide under my chair, then the snarling started toward big dogs.
    He wouldn't dream of trying any of that with his sister.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    what I also hate is people having untrained dogs that lunge ours and say "they are friendly".. well... I donīt doubt that but lunging a dog like that one can not know the others dog reaction... good for Ivy being such a good girl and to you doing a great job... but if in this case Ivy lunged back and bit the small dog it would have been your fault and your dog would be the aggresive one... so not fair... (I used this as an example only)
    And this is why I do not take Zoee to the park as much anymore. But I hope to correct this behavior so I CAN take both of them to the park again. My problem lies in ME. I am the one that gets so wound up and it transfers to the dog. While I know this, I do not know how to change it. But I am definitely going to work on this.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh, I certainly understand that legitimate issues and temperaments can exacerbate behavioral problems in any dog. I'm not criticizing ANYBODY who is actually trying to curb their pups' problems. What ticks me off is people who disregard behavioral problems in small dogs as amusing, entertaining, or "cute". That's it! Nothing less, nothing more

BTW, Cindy, I never knew Zoee had gotten that bad. Anytime you want to work on it, just let me know