Thread: Resume service?

Resume service?

I am trying to get my husband's resume in order - his company was doing extremely well there for a while, but it's starting to look bad for the past month or so. I just want to be prepared...has anyone ever used a resume service? I know that you can have someone 'fix' it for you online, such as careerbuilder.com, but I don't know how well they work. I don't mind paying a fee for the service. Any help? Thanks!

I've never used a service. I just have people I trust take a look at it and tell me what they think. Also, I look at other people's resumes to get ideas.
    I remember when I was looking to do my resume, I checked online and gathered some ideas I found there. I'm sorry, I can't remember where I looked now. It's been too long.

There might even be some people here on PT that would be willing to help you.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR View Post
    I am trying to get my husband's resume in order - his company was doing extremely well there for a while, but it's starting to look bad for the past month or so. I just want to be prepared...has anyone ever used a resume service? I know that you can have someone 'fix' it for you online, such as careerbuilder.com, but I don't know how well they work. I don't mind paying a fee for the service. Any help? Thanks!

JennyWren I did my own and would be happy to help out with Shawn's for nothing. Could send you a copy of mine if you want to see what it looks like xx
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

This is actually part of my old and new job Jen. If you want to e-mail me his resume I'd be glad to work on it for no charge. I'll pm you my e-mail.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright