Thread: Caching with Frankie and a Riley Cameo

Caching with Frankie and a Riley Cameo

Decided to go for a hike this afternoon and decided to find a couple of caches in the local area while out. I snapped a few pictures and thought I would share .

On the trail, ears back, ready to go!

It's this way!

If we we're any close she'd be sitting on it

I've been meaning to find this cache for a while. It's a tribute to three fallen heroes; all were officers in the United States Marine Corps, and all were killed in Action doing what they believed in most…Protecting and Defending America.. Thank You

Then we moved onto one that I knew should have been there, but didn't bother to check the status before leaving. Unfortunately it hasn't been found in a while, but I saw where it should have been.

On the way there:

Yep, should have been right there, but it wasn't I tried everything, but the other logs confirmed that it may be a long lost cache.

But there was the real second one that we were looking for and it was sill out there, but first it was shade and water time.

She really was standing on the second cache, but we were looking into the sun so no better shots. This cache was full of swag, but we took nothing and left nothing other than a signature.

Then it was back home to brag to Riley about the days treasure hunts. I think she was excited to hear all about them.

But after some sniffing:

Drinking:

Wrestling:

Chasing:

And chatting:

It was time for a certain graying black dog, who shall remain unnamed to protect her image, to pass out:

But the red dog wasn't about to sleep, so I had to put the camera away and play:

Hope you enjoyed! The girls are doing good and I still poke around to enjoy everyone's pictures and stories.

Your Frankie and Riley are such pretty girls! It looks like Frankie had a workout!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Great pictures!! Looks like both dogs had a lot of fun.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

It's good to see your girls again. I've missed them.

I know you (or Amy) has explained about the caches, but could you please explain it again? I don't remember the details and there may be others who do not know about them. How do you know where they are?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Great pics!!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Thanks everyone! It was a great day and a good hike. I'm sure Frankie will be sleeping well tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    It's good to see your girls again. I've missed them.

I know you (or Amy) has explained about the caches, but could you please explain it again? I don't remember the details and there may be others who do not know about them. How do you know where they are?
    I'll steal from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching for the explanation of what it is:
    "Geocaching is an outdoor treasure-hunting game in which the participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver or other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers (called "geocaches" or "caches") anywhere in the world. A typical cache is a small waterproof container containing a logbook and "treasure," usually toys or trinkets of little value. Today, well over 800,000 geocaches are registered on various websites devoted to the pastime. Geocaches are currently placed in over 100 countries around the world and on all seven continents, including Antarctica."

To find them just browse http://www.geocaching.com/ There are caches everywhere and they are rated by difficulty to find as well as terrain difficulty. Some are hidden in city areas, others are way off the beaten path.

Quote Originally Posted by cmayer31 View Post
    Thanks everyone! It was a great day and a good hike. I'm sure Frankie will be sleeping well tonight!

I'll steal from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching for the explanation of what it is:
    "Geocaching is an outdoor treasure-hunting game in which the participants use a Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver or other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers (called "geocaches" or "caches") anywhere in the world. A typical cache is a small waterproof container containing a logbook and "treasure," usually toys or trinkets of little value. Today, well over 800,000 geocaches are registered on various websites devoted to the pastime. Geocaches are currently placed in over 100 countries around the world and on all seven continents, including Antarctica."

To find them just browse http://www.geocaching.com/ There are caches everywhere and they are rated by difficulty to find as well as terrain difficulty. Some are hidden in city areas, others are way off the beaten path.
    That's neat. I'll have to see if there are any in my area. Of course, I do not have a GPS though.
    So the reason there might be a lost cache is because someone happened upon it and didn't know about these geocaches and just took it.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    That's neat. I'll have to see if there are any in my area. Of course, I do not have a GPS though.
    So the reason there might be a lost cache is because someone happened upon it and didn't know about these geocaches and just took it.
    Exactly. The geocaching world borrowed a term from Harry Potter and non cachers are called Muggles, so in this case the cache was probably muggled. It was in a rock outcropping only 10-20 yards off the main trail. Someone could have seen a cacher moving around the area and went to explore, or could have just stumbled on it.

I love seeing pictures of your girls, there both so cute! Looks like they had a fun day!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Great pics of your girls! It looks like Frankie really enjoys geocaching. I've looked around for a few caches that were gone as well (even climbed into a pine tree looking for one that wasn't there...). I love the pic of Riley running, she's such a beautiful dog!