Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reached my weight loss goal today: 70 kg!!

Reached my weight loss goal today: 70 kg!!

As I already posted a while ago, I started a diet in June, and today, I have reached my goal, 70 kg (154 lbs)! Never thought I would make it. Weighted 97 kg (214 lbs) only half a year ago, which makes a weight loss of 27 kg (almost 60 lbs). Now I have to try to figure out how to keep my weight.

These pictures were taken this morning:

Here are older ones from May. Wish I had better pictures of that time, but I was so big that I didn't like having pictures taken of me:

Here are new ones with Emma btw, taken this morning:

Hope you can see the difference! LOL

Kirsten

Gosh, that's a lot of weight you've lost Kirsten! You look great, and if you keep eating the same stuff as during summer, you'll surely keep that weight. You shouldn't get any thinner though.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh you skinny minnie, you! You may have lost 60 lbs. but I found it! Seriously, congrats, Kirsten. You're quite the disciplined gal, eh? You look great!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thank you!

You're quite the disciplined gal, eh?
    So far, I had no idea I was, but I was surprised that I was able to make this diet for such a long time. After all, I love eating! LOL

You shouldn't get any thinner though.
    I agree, it's enough now. Used to weigh about 63 kg (139 lbs) in my early twenties, but that's a long time ago, of course.

Kirsten

Awww Kirsten, what an achievement!! May I ask which diet you used? I am trying to loose weight too! Me too I was on 97kg; I am down to 85 now!! I follow WeightWatchers method!
    Tons of congrats to you !!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Awww Kirsten, what an achievement!! May I ask which diet you used? I am trying to loose weight too! Me too I was on 97kg; I am down to 85 now!! I follow WeightWatchers method!
    Tons of congrats to you !!!
    Thank you! Congrats on your weight loss!! 12 kg down is already a huge success, and it's encourging for you to go on... I think the weight watchers methods are really great (a co-worker of mine has lost weight that way).

For my diet, I only reduced fat and calories. Most of the days, I just had a calory intake of 1400 - 1600. And I did Nordic Walking, which is a bit difficult right now because of the weather.

Kirsten

No need to count calories with Weighwatchers! Only be sure to eat a balanced meal. Yes, we have to count "points", but it is much easier than counting calories.
    Thanks for the encouragement!! You look fabulous!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Yes, my co-worker told me about this point system, and the well-balanced meals, so I guess Weight Watchers is a really good and healthy method. And it sounds it's working well for you! Way to go!

Kirsten

WAY TO GO GIRL!!! You look FABULOUS!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Used to weigh about 63 kg (139 lbs) in my early twenties, but that's a long time ago, of course. Kirsten
    Ha, that's what I weigh now, but I believe you're a bit taller than me (1,68). Up until I was 35, I weighed 50 kg.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Congratulations Kirsten! That is a wonderful accomplishment! The best part is that you have been practicing good eating habits, if you keep at it, you should be able to keep the weight off.
    And just look at the gorgeous Miss Emma! She is every bit as cute now as when she was a puppy. I sure wish I could wrap my arms around her & give her big squeeze! Would you do that for me, please, and give her a snooter smooch, too?

Kirsten you look absolutely elegant!! Congratulations on the healthier eating and healthy loss!! I am also in the *maintenance* phase and have only added two pounds which just means start recording and counting more closely - have gone overboard a few times but stillenjoying every food I love. We can encourage each other NOT to be set back on all the hard work of losing. (((HUGS))) and more congratulations to you - the pictures are wonderful and you look beautiful!

You look fabulous! Congrats on your stunning weight loss.

Congratulations!! That's a huge accomplishment! I just started a diet two weeks ago.. I'm doing the same thing.. reduced calories, lots of water, and more exercise. I've only lost 7 pounds so far but it's encouraging that I'm not going UP anymore! I hope to lose 60 pounds. Your story is a great push of encouragement!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Great job! I know how you feel. I lost 50 pounds this past year. I keep beating myself up though because I'm a stress eater and have lost and gained the same "last 10 pounds" 5 times over

I started out a little heavier than you did, and getting down to where you are now sounds like a wonderful dream. Keep up the great work. I'm sure the weight loss has helped your back and health.