Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bra for the boys an online bestseller in Japan

Bra for the boys an online bestseller in Japan

http://ca.tech.yahoo.com/news/reuters/article/1109

Bra for the boys an online bestseller in Japan

Bras are displayed at Triumph International in Tokyo October 23, 2001. REUTERS/Toshiyuki Aizawa

Who said bras are only for women? A Japanese online lingerie retailer is selling bras for cross-dressing men and they've quickly become one of its most popular items.

Since launching two weeks ago on Rakuten, a major Japanese web shopping mall, the Wishroom shop has sold over 300 men's bras for 2,800 yen ($30) each. The shop also stocks men's panties, as well as lingerie for women.

"I like this tight feeling. It feels good," Wishroom representative Masayuki Tsuchiya told Reuters as he modeled the bra, which can be worn discreetly under men's clothing.

Wishroom Executive Director Akiko Okunomiya said she was surprised at the number of men who were looking for their inner woman.

"I think more and more men are becoming interested in bras. Since we launched the men's bra, we've been getting feedback from customers saying 'wow, we'd been waiting for this for such a long time'," she said.

But the bra, available in black, pink and white, is not an easy sell for all men.

The underwear has stirred a heated debate online with more than 8,000 people debating the merits of men wearing bras in one night on Mixi, Japan's top social network website.

($1=94.34 Yen)

RICHARD??? I can't see you leaving THIS one alone!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post

RICHARD??? I can't see you leaving THIS one alone!
    I don't keep abreast of men's fashions, so I'd be a boob to comment.

Plus, I have no yen to wear a bra.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I don't keep abreast of men's fashions, so I'd be a boob to comment.

Plus, I have no yen to wear a bra.

Badum tiss lol

Quote Originally Posted by DJFyrewolf36 View Post
    Badum tiss lol
    You all set them up, I knock em down!

RICHARD,

Hey!! Don't make fun of my girls!! They've been good to me all these years. They LIKE the tight feeling of a bra??? Honey, that's the first thing that comes off when I get outta work. Don't see it again till I head into work and HAVE to wear it.

I'd like to see them wear it for 12-15 hours a day THEN come and tell me how they like the tight feeling, red raw bra marks on their skin, etc. I'm SURE their opinions will be different.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Yeah, he likes that tight feeling. I'll bet ya do, don't ya, Sparky? That's because you don't have any weight in front to have to support in the first place. Carry a couple of melons around in your "mansierre" (Seinfeld) all day and then tell me how ya like it. And let us gals snap it a couple of times, too, just because we think that's oh so cute to do.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Originally posted by RICHARD:
    You all set them up, I knock em down!
    But do you have any knockers?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Candace,

You are on a roll this morning girl!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Yeah, he likes that tight feeling. I'll bet ya do, don't ya, Sparky? That's because you don't have any weight in front to have to support in the first place. Carry a couple of melons around in your "mansierre" (Seinfeld) all day and then tell me how ya like it. And let us gals snap it a couple of times, too, just because we think that's oh so cute to do.
    "Sparky"!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    "Sparky"!!!!
    That does it. I refuse to engage in any tit-for-tat posting on this thread.

Its a Bro!
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Its a Bro!
    Have you seen the Seinfeld episode where Kramer and George's dad invented a bra for men? They were going to call it the "bro" and settled on "mansierre" instead of brasierre. It was a really funny episode.
    Blessings,
    Mary

If your bra leaves raw marks on your skin, perhaps it's time for a fitting. My girls are big, but as long as the bra is good quality and fits well, I don't have a problem running around all day.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

To be really serious for a second?

My GF became allergic to the elastic in her undies and not only that, allergic to dyes.

She had rashes on her body where the elastic on the underwear rested on her skin. The doctor told her to take Benadryl.

She called me up one evening and was totally scared, she said she felt like she was going to die. Turns out that the Benadryl she took to stop the reaction to her rashes almost killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    To be really serious for a second?

My GF became allergic to the elastic in her undies and not only that, allergic to dyes.

She had rashes on her body where the elastic on the underwear rested on her skin. The doctor told her to take Benadryl.

She called me up one evening and was totally scared, she said she felt like she was going to die. Turns out that the Benadryl she took to stop the reaction to her rashes almost killed her.
    I had a reaction to Benadryl although certainly not as serious as your girlfriend's. It makes most people drowsy; it wired me for sound. I had a severe case of poison ivy and was on a road trip w/some girlfriends so I took Benadryl for the itching. I talked so fast to the point where I practically started crying. My friend took the Benadryl from me and made me beg for it because I was itching so badly. She said it was as though I was on speed so they nicknamed me Speed. Benadryl is serious medicine.
    Blessings,
    Mary