Thread: First Dog?

First Dog?

Bald toothless dog set for the White House?

A group from Peru believe they have the perfect dog for Barack Obama and his family when they move into the White House - the only problem is it's bald and toothless.

Mr Obama revealed he wanted his daughters to have a dog when they moved but the pup would have to be hypo-allergenic as his daughter Malia is allergic.

The Peruvian Hairless dog, dates back 3,000 years and depicted in pre-Hispanic ceramics.

Claudia Galvez director of the Friends of the Peruvian Hairless Dog Association told the Daily Telegraph: "We want to give a male puppy to Obama's daughters, so they get to experience all the joys of having a dog but without any allergies."

Mrs Galvez has delivered a letter to the US embassy in Lima containing details about a 4-month-old pedigree puppy currently known as Ears ready to send to the family.

------------

And it also has the same foreign policy stance too!

Poodles and poodle crosses tend to be hypoallergenic, and they are available in shelters. I hope the Obamas adopt a shelter dog.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I read an article in the Cdn HELLO! magazine yesterday - and Obama said there he wanted to get a shelter dog. Best Friends has contacted him, as have many other shelters I am sure - and I know he will have a choice of great shelter dogs.

What a huge message that would send!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I read an article in the Cdn HELLO! magazine yesterday - and Obama said there he wanted to get a shelter dog. Best Friends has contacted him, as have many other shelters I am sure - and I know he will have a choice of great shelter dogs.

What a huge message that would send!

That would be a great boost for Shelter dogs everywhere. Besides,
    their are many variaties of dogs there, even full breed dogs.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt