Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A fun, rainy rescue run!

A fun, rainy rescue run!

Allow me to introduce you all to my newest buddies, Derek and Dewey.....two Lab boys, who are approximately six months old. I had the pleasure of accompanying them from the SC Welcome Center on I-85 at the Georgia line back to Greenville, where I was met and they continued on towards Foxboro, MA. I have had updates all afternoon long. They are on Leg 7, which I think puts them up in Virginia at this point. They will spend the night and continue on tomorrow. What precious angel boys they were. I have yet to meet one on these transports that I haven't loved.

Here's little Derek, who rode with his head between my front seats most of the time. At one point I got a big slurp on the neck, unexpectedly!!! I got goose bumps!!!

And here's Dewey, who was tranported in a crate, only because they thought it would be easier on the drivers to have them separated. He was a love too.

Derek and Dewey were also saved from a Georgia Dog Pound......I am unsure which one, but I believe it was in Manchester, GA, where many of the dogs we have transported are from. Two more saved and headed towards foster homes and eventually their forever homes. Keep these precious boys in your prayers. They were such good companions, and they loved my singing!

By the way, I was transporting for All Pets Rescue again. Can't say enough good things about these animal loving folks. They have placed so many dogs who would have lost their lives in the south. There are 6 puppies and a mama dog who will be on the next trip in two weeks (also coming from Georgia).
    www.allpetsrescue.org

Woohoo, Logan!! Way to go!! They are adorable. Thank you for being part of their rescue. You are an angel, of course!

Yes, those GA shelters are also teeming with GSDs. They put them on death row way too fast!! The rescues and GSD bb members have been working overtime pulling dogs left and right out of there and transporting them to their new lives.

Thank you, Logan, they are such cuties!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Oh Logan what cutie pies! Three cheers for you for helping these little boys out considering your very hectic, very exciting life these days! I just know their forever homes are just around the corner!

Logan,

Wow, what Handsome traveling companions you had
    there. You do great work by helping with transport
    and also fostering these pupsters. Thanks so much for
    being so active with the rescue groups. I feel proud to
    know you.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It is just awful to think of these lovely animals in such a dire situation. Thanks to you and the others, these two have a chance. Their little labbie personalities shine right through on these pictures. .
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

They are adorable! (They actually remind of Cincy and Sadie )

You're an amazing person Logan.. God bless your kind heart for being so dedicated in rescuing these babies....

We are proud of you!

I'm in love!!! What beauties!!! I think my girls each need a boyfriend

They look like identical twins!

Such sweetie pies!

Can I say, I would love to do what you do! Your such a wonderful loving person, I too am proud to know you!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm so jealous!!!! What a wonderful day!! The "boys" are just too precious!! And of course, they fell in love with their guardian angel Logan!!! You're THE BEST!!! Maybe I'll hear about them when they arrive up here. Thank you SO much, Logan!!! Yay for Dewey and Derek!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Ditto!!! I knew Amy would want them as soon as she saw them!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
    I'm in love!!! What beauties!!! I think my girls each need a boyfriend
    That's what I was thinking when I saw their pictures!!! Way to go Logan!!!

Logan You are Tops in animal Rescue. You should receive an award for all the wonderful things you do for all animals that cross your path. I'd love to be able to do that to!! Your calling is very plain It is to Rescue all of these wonderful wonderful animals that would other wise never have a chance for a good loving home. When I see your name, I know there is going to be another rescue to read about.
    My husband loves labs! He'd love both of them! But are household had three dogs (none of which are Labs) but all three are dogs we rescued. Thanks Again for doing what you do! I know it is rewarding when you are able to take part in saving their lives.

Toastco, Lady and Corrie's Mom and my Six cats too

You are all so sweet, but my part, although important, is nothing compared to the people (all volunteers) who arrange these transports, find foster homes for them, and investigate the potential owners. They are my heroes! I get to love on them for an hour or so as I drive them to their next stop......my part is fun. And yes, it is very rewarding too.

I had an email tonight that Derek and Dewey had made it to their respective stopping places in the NE. Derek already has an adoption application put in for him, so maybe it won't take long. I certainly wouldn't think that anyone who meets these precious boys would want to leave without them. They will both be neutered this week, then available for adoption.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Logan

Logan, those labby boys are soo sweet! I bet you had fun transporting them. It is so hard not to fall in love during the transports. I cry after each one

Once again, you are my heroine Logan. What cuties they are. Good work.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!