Thread: Heyoka has his wiggle back!

Heyoka has his wiggle back!

I posted a bit about this in General last week. Heyoka had a mysterious problem with his left hind leg. He could weight bear and walk normally, but he couldn't run, jump or play. Several times a day, without pattern, he would screech and his left hind leg would come up. For several minutes he wouldn't put it down at all. Off to the vet last Monday, he acts like a perfectly normal dog there, wont' yelp or show pain at all. Also won't cooperate and needed to be sedated for the exam. Came home on Metacam which for the first time ever in my experience did nothing!

Friday, back to the vet. Again won't yelp or show the vet where it hurts. Fought off the sedation drug, Domitor, and had to be put under a general for x-rays. X-rays taken of his spine, hips, entire left leg. NOTHING! Perfectly normal x-rays except for some poor conformation in his hips. Not painful, just enough that a good breeder wouldn't breed him(he's neutered anyway!).

So after some discussion with the vet, trying to convince her that I am not insane, she prescribed muscle relaxants. Theory was that Heyoka had tweaked something in his spine and when he moved in some ways, a nerve pinched and he thought his leg hurt. 750mg of Robaxin three times a day.

Weekend was awful! Heyoka developed a pronounced left sided limp on the pills for the first two days. They knocked him on his butt. He couldn't even get up without assistance. Yesterday, I dropped one pill and only gave him two. He seemed a bit brighter and more like Heyoka.

Today he is so much happier! He's chased his tail, met me at the gate, was a big PITA at feeding time as he usually is! He wants to be outside again, he's wooing. He still won't run or jump, but I think jumping really hurt him so it may be awhile before he tries that again!

I'm going to give him a full week on the muscle relaxants and then see how he does over the weekend. He may visit the chiropractor too!

Heyoka has a very distinct gait complete with a butt wiggle when he's happy. I haven't seen the wiggle for almost two weeks, but its back tonight! Heyoka got his wiggle back!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I am so glad Heyoka has his "wiggle" back! I hope he continues to get better and chase his tail! (((HUGS))) to him....and you!!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post

I haven't seen the wiggle for almost two weeks, but its back tonight!

Heyoka got his wiggle back!

A *wigglie butt* is a Happie Butt!

I'm so happy that Heyoka is feeling a little better! I hope he continues to improve!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018