Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Liar, liar, pants on fire!

Remember my thread "Grapefruit is vile!"? Well, while grocery shopping the other day, I came across some Del Monte red grapefruit in a big container. It's packed in a light juice. I've got to admit, it's good. It's really good. As a matter of fact, I can't leave it alone. I still need to add some Splenda to it but no biggie. So go ahead w/the "I told you so's". LOL I still hate apples, though.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Remember my thread "Grapefruit is vile!"? Well, while grocery shopping the other day, I came across some Del Monte red grapefruit in a big container. It's packed in a light juice. I've got to admit, it's good. It's really good. As a matter of fact, I can't leave it alone. I still need to add some Splenda to it but no biggie. So go ahead w/the "I told you so's". LOL I still hate apples, though.
    Stay away from nylon undies, they don't burn, they melt!

Now, to get you on the "apple cart/bandwagon".

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Stay away from nylon undies, they don't burn, they melt!

Now, to get you on the "apple cart/bandwagon".
    Why did I know that you would be the first to reply. LOL

Apples set my teeth on edge. I've never eaten a sweet or juicy one. I do like them in Waldorf salad but that's it. And I don't like apple pie, apple sauce, apple juice, apple cider, apple anything except my late sister's apple butter on her homemade bread. That's it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Why did I know that you would be the first to reply. LOL

Apples set my teeth on edge. I've never eaten a sweet or juicy one. I do like them in Waldorf salad but that's it. And I don't like apple pie, apple sauce, apple juice, apple cider, apple anything except my late sister's apple butter on her homemade bread. That's it.

I guess you could never be the apple of anyone's eye?

LOL, I peruse the site for only the best threads and torture the people in them mercilessly!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I guess you could never be the apple of anyone's eye?

LOL, I peruse the site for only the best threads and torture the people in them mercilessly!
    More like sour grapes, I guess. That's why I love ya, Richard; the verbal jousting.
    Blessings,
    Mary

So there is some sugar in the liquid...but at least it had time to soak into the grapefruit.

If you prefer Splenda, maybe mix some into a container of water, put some fresh grapefruit chunks into it, cover tightly and let it 'marinate' in the fridge for a day or so. Serve at room temp.

That might work too!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

More like sour grapes, I guess. That's why I love ya, Richard; the verbal jousting.
    Oh, peachy!
    We make such a "pear".

I remember the other thread and am glad you found some grapefruit that you like, but I just have to ask this:
    Why would you purchase the grapefruit in the container if you had such an adversion to grapefruit? LOL

Moesha - maybe because it was in a light syrup? Or maybe it looked PRETTY!

They test their labels, ya know...Mary been HIP-MO-TIZED! (thank you, David Letterman! )

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    I remember the other thread and am glad you found some grapefruit that you like, but I just have to ask this:
    Why would you purchase the grapefruit in the container if you had such an adversion to grapefruit? LOL
    I guess because it was red. It just looked so luscious! And besides, I was determined to like grapefruit. I've felt the same way about brussel sprouts. They look so good and I've tried so many different recipes and I'm sorry but they're just so bitter. I love cabbage so I thought they'd take like cabbage but they don't. I want to like apples, too, because they're such a pretty fruit.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I guess because it was red. It just looked so luscious! And besides, I was determined to like grapefruit. I've felt the same way about brussel sprouts. They look so good and I've tried so many different recipes and I'm sorry but they're just so bitter. I love cabbage so I thought they'd take like cabbage but they don't. I want to like apples, too, because they're such a pretty fruit.
    Try the Honeycrisp variety. They are the BEST apple I've ever tasted. I don't normally like to just "eat" an apple, but will eat 2 of these at a time. they are SO sweet.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Gala apples are great too! And golden delicious are a bit softer on the teeth, and sweet also.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Gala apples are great too! And golden delicious are a bit softer on the teeth, and sweet also.
    I don't like either one of those, sorry, Candace. I've never seen Honeycrisp apples so I guess I'll be on a quest.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I like the Red Delicious variety when they're in season - nice and crisp and juicy and sweet! I hate biting in to a mushy or mealy apple!!! And I don't like apples that are too tart either. But I love everything apple - pies, juice, cider, sauce - except I don't like apple butter!!!
    Come on Mary - "try it - you'll like it". You did the grapefruit!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I like the Red Delicious variety when they're in season - nice and crisp and juicy and sweet! I hate biting in to a mushy or mealy apple!!! And I don't like apples that are too tart either. But I love everything apple - pies, juice, cider, sauce - except I don't like apple butter!!!
    Come on Mary - "try it - you'll like it". You did the grapefruit!
    Red Delicious are the worst, Gigi. I do put them in chicken salad and they're ok that way but just thinking about biting into an apple makes me cringe. Whenever my son visits, I like to stock up on his favorite foods and he likes one particular apple (of course, now I can't think of it) and I only buy one at a time because I can't stand the smell of it in my kitchen. I'm such a bad mom.
    Blessings,
    Mary