Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Tragedy at the Layne household... VIDEO ADDED POST 177!

I'm sorry that I didn't see this thread until now.
    I'm sorry to hear that Andy had to go back to the vet's tonight.
    Hopefully they will get him feeling better overnight and you will get to bring him back home again tomorrow.
    He is such a handsome boy, he really looks good in the pictures you posted.
    Sending hugs and get well soon wishes your way.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Thank you all so much again for all of the support. It means so much.

Andy got to come home again, his temp is up, and he needs antibiotics, because his ear is scorched, all the way into the canal. He keeps scratching at it, and peeling away the dead/burned skin. They think it is infected.

He is now in an e collar, has burn medication for the burn areas (ears, leg, lips) and antibiotics, along with anti inflamatories, and more pain meds.

He should make it, the vet said, as long as he gets this infection kicked. The doctor said thhe believes his appetite will be better, once the meds kick in. I hope so.

I will update more later with pics, I have so much to do, and Andy needs to be syringe fed. He must be starving. I will be back! Thank you all so much. Katie and Andy

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

Katie, you and Andy will be in my thoughts and prayers.

As I said earlier - he's a strong healthy kitty. He can beat this! Give him gentle hugs from me.

((Hugs)) to you!
    Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Katie, I'm glad that he was able to come home with you and I hope that he'll continue to improve and eat better. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Now try to get some sleep and please take care of yourself too. (((HUGS)))

I had to check for an update before calling it a night. I'm glad he is back home with you and the vet thinks he will be okay once the infection is gone.

More prayers on the way for Andy.

From Decker with Love

Good news! Maybe when the hematoma gets treated, that will help his ear too. Meanwhile, if the vet gave him some good strong anti-b's, that will help, and the pain and anti-inflammatories will help him be more comfy.

And Meowmie feeding him - the ultimate miracle cure!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quick update. I just got done with all of my regular chores, and then back to Andy. He did eat an ENTIRE jar of baby food, syringe of course, but he also licked off of my finger the last 1/4 of a jar. Wouldnt eat out of the bowl or off a spoon though.

He pottied ALOT so I know his fluids are going through regularly. Once I gave all the meds (4 kinds) he seemed to perk up after an hour, enough to eat and nap.

He still HATES his ecollar. Poor guy. But he is ok with the meds, although the ear cream seems to irratate him a bit. Since his ear is scortched all the way into the inner canal, I cant get the cream in all the way, without pain. He also has hearing loss, Does not respond even when clapping hard or banging right behind his ears...which the vet said most likely is temporary. *fingers crossed* But I bet it is just so swollen inside, making it so he cant hear.

He does not feel as hot to the touch either. I think the pain meds kick in, and he calms a bit.

His heart rate is still high, but that is to be expected.

The vet also said he did gain 2 ounces since he was home with me. Forced feeding does that to you I suppose! But they are not as forced anymore, he willing lets me do it without struggle.

I just wish all these meds were taken at the same time. They are all different times, so it makes it hard for me to get any sleep, more than 2 hours at any given time. The pain meds every 6 hours, the ear cream every 4, the antibiotics every 12, and the anti inflammatory every 7.

I made up a schedule, where I check off each med, and I always know what time the next meds are. Seems to make it easier.

Anyways, here are just a few pictures I snapped a minute ago.

Still quite wobbly.

Just standing looking pitiful...

Thats all for tonight. Thank you all so much for the continued thoughts and prayers.

I am glad Andy is home again and will keep praying for him to make a full recovery. This must be so hard for you Katie. Please know we are all here for you. Call me if you need to.

Love to both of you!!!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Awww, sweet boy........you are looking better now, Andy. And I'm glad to hear that you are eating a bit more. Let meowmie feed you, you need all the goodies you can get.

I know you hate that collar, but once your little ear starts to heal, it will be better.

Gentle scritches to you, Andy, and (((hugs))) to your meowmie........
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Hooray for you!

We all know you and Andy are in for a rough road for a while, but it's comforting to know that everything is moving in the right direction. Our thoughts are with you both.

Fondly,
    Pat
    l
    Lucy and Linus

Poor Andy, he does look funny with that collar. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he gets better sooner. I know he'll get better.

What a huge relief that Andy was able to come home with you last night! I know it had to be so upsetting when he had to go back to the vet with his fever; I'm glad they were able to make some adjustments and let him go back home with Meowmie.

Andy is just a beautiful guy, and you'd never guess what he's been through recently by looking at him! He is so lucky to have you to take such good care of him -- now don't forget to take care of yourself as well...!

Love & hugs to all of you,
    Diana
    There aren't too many bad spots that can't be made at least a little better by either a nap, a cat, or both.

I'm back first thing this morning for the update. I'm glad Andy got to come home. I woke up an hour before I needed to and tried to go to sleep and all I could do was think of Andy. Needless to say I didn't go back to sleep. I hope you're getting rest and that Andy is also. Please let us know what your vet says today. Is he having the ultrasound and x-rays today?

Thanks for the update. Still sending prayers for Andy.

Will he be going to your vet today?

Thanks so much everyone!

Jen, No his appointment is scheduled for Thursday at 2pm.
    BUT he will probably go to the regular vet IF anything changes, IE. Temp changes, or anything is amiss. I will take him back to the ERV tonight( rechecks are free or reduced there now) just to get a quick once over.

He is still doing good. He is such a very loving and sweet boy

The estimate for his hematoma, anesthesia, exam and pain injection is 271.50. That excludes take home meds and antibiotics since he is already on them.

Thank you all for caring so much about my boy. I have told him all about you all, and he purrs away