Thread: Last group ride of the year - Pics

Last group ride of the year - Pics

My friends and I on our last group ride of the year. Was a gorgeous day, but gone too soon...now its snow and rain.

Gent and me

Gent getting a rest at the top of the mountain

The top of the mountain

Me and my pony

Gent with his girlfriend Moxie

Nap time!
    Last edited by Vela; 11-12-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I am so jealous now. Green with envy!!! Gorgeous scenery!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    oooo, I second that. So jealous! I love riding and can't wait to be able to do it regularly one day. Awesome photos! Do you pronounce Gent's name like "GENTleman"?
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

What a pretty-- um, handsome pony you are, Gent! Don't worry, I even call my instructor's 17.1hh TB a pony.

Niņo & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    oooo, I second that. So jealous! I love riding and can't wait to be able to do it regularly one day. Awesome photos! Do you pronounce Gent's name like "GENTleman"?

Yes, his registered name is Proud Gentleman, so we just call him Gent. I didn't pick the registered name, that's just what he came with. He comes from a limited line of special Morgan's called Lippitt Morgans. Their history is very interesting, but basically it means his lineage has nothing in his pedigree except horses that all trace back to foundation horses directly from Justin Morgan (Figure) himself. I didn't know that when I bought him, but it was a really neat fact to find out later when I traced his pedigree back. Many Morgan's now days are light in body, and more like Arabians. They have infused other breeds through history to get a more showy type of animal. But I like the thick bodied kind like Gent, the old style from the beginning.

It's kind of neat to go back and see some of the "old time" horses. There are pics in there on those with an asterisk.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/proud+gentleman

This explains what a Lippitt is.

http://www.lippittmorganbreedersasso...com/whatis.php

This is Jake's pedigree. Same thing there. I didn't know it when I bought him, but he traces back to some of the best in his breed, and he and Gent even have some of the same ancestors.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/gensana

Of course I'd love them the same if they had no papers at all, but I kinda like seeing the "history" in there, it's fun.

Well that was probably more than you wanted to know when you asked LOL. I just find it interesting, so thought maybe someone else might too.

Beautiful horse.

My dad raised and bred Morgans for a number of years, none of them where very good for riding but where great for pulling. I dont think Ive ever seen a light coated Morgan, the lightest Ive seen was my Tilly. Ill have to scan a pic of her and post it.

Ill have to ask my dad about Lippitt Morgans.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

There's my favorite morgan!

I'm with you, I like the stocky build on the "old type" morgans.

Thanks for posting the pedigrees, I think it's interesting to go back and look at the lineage. Mr. Jake sure has a lot of Midnight Sun, doesn't he? MS must've been a pretty prominent show horse? (I'm not very familiar with TWHs.)

For grins and giggles, here's Summer's. Like you, I didn't know it when I bought her but she goes back to some of my childhood favorites.

Thanks for sharing the pics with us. I always enjoy looking at your two handsome guys!

Wow Zippo Pine Bar back to Three Bars, very nice! I find it fascinating and fun to look at the pedigrees. Thanks for sharing Summer's (I never see enough pictures of her by the way!). Skipper W, Peter McCue, and Yellow Jacket too on top way back, neat!

Midnight Sun was one of the premiere TWH of all time. Breyer even has a model of him. Also Pride's Generator is the Midnight Sun of his time. Both were World Grand Champions. None of that means anything to me as far as whether or not I love my horse, but it's still fun to see isn't it??

Midnight Sun

Pride's Generator

You know, the horse I used to shareboard ended up being a Seattle Slew grandson. His name was I'm A Player. Here is his pedigree.

Niņo & Eliza

Very Nice & Adorable Horse you are Gent.. Great pics thanks

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    You know, the horse I used to shareboard ended up being a Seattle Slew grandson. His name was I'm A Player. Here is his pedigree.
    Wow that's neat! Thanks for sharing his pedigree. He has some nice horses in there. Not just Slew but Buckpasser, War Admiral farther back, Northern Dancer.