Thread: I am "dogsitting"!

I am "dogsitting"!

A very good friend of mine rescued a puppy from a colleague who bought her on impulse in the street market and then was unable to keep her in the dormitory she lives in. The dog is now living in my friend, Yan Qing's apartment on the 6th floor. She and her fiance are trying to papertrain the dog and love her very much.

Fifi is a miniature poodle we think, very intelligent and full of fun at around 14 weeks old .. she "bounces" off all four legs and loves to play with toys.

As Yan Qing has to go home to another city for a while in order to arrange her wedding I am presently taking care of her along with my two large fluffy cats in a very small apartment. Fortunately, they all seem to have settled down and accepted one another's presence ( unless Fifi tries to hi-jack the cat treats lol). Meanwhile I am continuing the papertraining and she seems to be catching on okay ( My floors are all ceramic tile so clean up is a cinch!)

We gave her a bath using baby shampoo ( see picture) Can anyone tell me what would help to take away the tear marks under her eyes? I have been washing them carefully each day with optrex eye wash but would appreciate any input. It's fun having a dog again even temporarily!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA300005.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	693.2 KB 
ID:	40780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB090003.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	679.6 KB 
ID:	40781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB090001.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	681.4 KB 
ID:	40782  
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

What an adorable pup!! And the picture of all three of them together, that's so neat!! I laughed at the one of her right after her bath. LOL

I did a search here on PT and found a thread all about tear stains.
    Check it out!

I'm sure you will have so much fun with her you might not want to give her back. Maybe we can see more pix of her if you get a chance.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

She is just adorable. And you are such a nice person, not only for babysitting a 14 week puppy, but to do so while also trying to paper train, and with two cats in the residence. Fifi sure is lucky to have found a home where so many people care for her.

Thanks Taz_z0ee! I already don't want to give her back but I really can't take her back to Canada when I leave so better to "dogsit" and visit with her! I already have two cats to take home when I go .

I will try all the stuff on the tear stain thread that is available here but there is nothing like Angel Eyes and the nearest pet shop of any kind is about a 90 minute bus ride from our College.

I will certainly have more pictures to share in the future as she will visit often with Uan Qing!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Being a groomer, we've heard quite a few things about tear stains... first off, they're hard to get out! The minerals in their eyes just do that to the coat, but we have had multiple people tell us that the Bausch and Lomb (sp?) contact lens solution works best because it will neutralize the minerals in their tears. It's something that needs to be done daily though, so if you can keep it up, give it a try! I've heard it works really well; just a drop in each eye every day. =]

She's so cute! I'd want to keep her, lol.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Ginger's mom, my husband is spoiling her rotten too and many of my students have been to visit with offers to take her for a walk and play with her .. she sure is loved!
    Abby girl, I will try that contact lens solution and see if it helps, thank you!
    Lilith Cherry
    "

What a cutie!! Have fun with her!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

You should look into her diet, Alot of the time tearstains can be avoided by a good diet.

Forgot to say...

Shes freeking gorgeous!!

Thanks, but diet here in China is very limited - two kinds of dogfood available, neither very high quality I feed her mostly minced meat or fish and some raw chicken wings. Chinese pets mostly eat rice and fish or leftovers Her eyes are less messy now and i have bought the contact lens solution to try also.

Meantime, she is full of energy and fun, learning to use the newspapers very well and has taken a dislike to my sweeping brush and tries to "protect me from it lol.
    Lilith Cherry
    "

I have been having more and more of a problem with Ginger's stains as she gets older. I use peroxide on a cotton ball to wipe her face when I think of it. It really should be done every day, but I forget a lot. I do have her on a grain-free food, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I wouldn't put saline solution in her eyes, it will burn and I can't imagine it will help. You may try wiping with it, but I wouldn't put it in her eyes.

Fifi, you are a very brave girl to take on a broom that is so much bigger than you.

Oh my goodness, Fifi is the cutest little thing! Glad to hear she is beginning to catch on to paper-training. Thats the one thing I don't miss from having a puppy! :-)
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Try Angel eyes for her.
    It's a powder you put on their food, like Muddypaws said she's not getting enough of something (I forget what though).
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Thanks for the advice, Buttercup, but that kind of thing is just not available here in China... The peroxide is helping and she seems to be making less "goo" as well possibly due to a better diet since my friend rescued her from living on scraps at the work canteen!
    Lilith Cherry
    "