Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We made it!! *pics*

We made it!! *pics*

I had my big move from NYC to North Carolina last week, 6 cats and 2 labs. We all made it safely.....well kind of LOL

My Labs were great! They slept the entire ride. The cats?

They cried for the better part of 11 hours. I guess because I have so many, theyd quiet down and then one would meow and set the rest off!! LOL

It was like an opera. Last Sunday night we stayed in a Days Inn until I had my closing the next morning. I left all the cats out of their carriers, 5 of them ate, and then Mommy, my cat with 3 legs that I took in from outside, well she is an angel in the house but doesnt let me pick her up etc....she did NOT want to go back into her carrier, and she hide behind and under the back of the TV stand.

This is the result of getting her back into her carrier....

Her tooth went through my thumb and wrist and my hands swelled so bad I couldnt drive for the day. I didnt want to handle her too hard because of her missing leg, so when she started to scratch, I just held on cause I knew if I let go, it take me hours to catch her again, and the quicker the better for us both.

Once I got her to the new house, she went into her kitty bed and went to sleep!

The cat I was mostly worried about is my 13 year old. She was my grandfathers cat til he passed away, so its important I take care of her....

She didnt seem too stressed by the whole thing..

And within a day.....you couldnt tell they had been stressed at all. I woke up one morning and found this, this was the one place I didnt want anyone, but try telling them that...

My little one Moglie that I had posted about, he handled it the best obviously, hes only 7 months. And since I got him fixed.....no more aggressiveness and attacking my face when I pick him up! Hes become the sweetest little man!

Heres some more pics of the new home...

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...albumId=726708

Thanks for all the advice guys!! Appreciate it!

Goodness, that looks nasty! Sure hope you're putting something on that to fight infection. Well, at least your lab looks relaxed. LOL Congrats on the new house.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Ouchy Ouchy = Besure to clean the scratchs real good & med them.. Well so glad to hear you made it ok with all the babies.. I can see they all are fitting right in.. Yes All the Babies are so Adorable..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I love the kitchen decorations. Hope the wounds heal OK.
    GILL & Crew;

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    OUCH! But I really like your "decorations" - especially "ceiling cat"

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Oh my, that looks so painful.

I your kitchen. I laughed when you said that was the one place you didn't want them. LOL, yeah right!!

I'm glad to see everyone has settled in nicely and your place looks great! I LOVE the bathroom!! Wow!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Wow, good luck at your new place!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I WONDER HOW I WOULD MOVE THE YOUNGER FOUND CATS , OR IF I PASS ON HOW THE ANIMAL WELFARE WILL MOVE MY FOUND CATS , AD THEY WILL HIDE IF A STRANGER COMES IN.
    WE ARE SO GLAD THAT YOUR MOVE IS OVER, AND THAT YOUR HANDS BEEN SEEN TO.
    THAT LOOKS LIKE A MAJOR OUCHIE!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Your animals look at ease. The labs especially, they look like they are having a blast in their new "pad". What a beautiful house and yard. I'm glad the move went good, especially that far of a move. The cats look right at home.

Thanks everyone. I had some antibiotics that I took this week (scratches happened Monday the 3rd) so now luckily most of them have healed. The scabs are gone I just have a few red lines, hopefully theyll be gone soon too. Its been warm here and Ive been hiding my wounds under long sleeves LOL

Lovely cats and dogs, and house too!

My kitchen is like yours, and I dont know what it is with NC and the cabinets being lower than ceilings Mine are the same way, and its the PERFECT spot to have cat naps

Might as well give up now, and do like I did, and accomodate the kitties by putting beds up there!

And also wanted to add, Thank you so much for keeping your pets, and bringing them with you. Most people would just dump them at a shelter, or run an add trying to give them away... You are a good pet owner! Thank you

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

What a change! And of course they all had to check out that one place
    Your red lines remind me of a true story: I had a meeting with a co-worker of mine who has cats. It was summer, he had a short sleeve shirt and I saw some scratchings on his arms. I said: Did you have a kitty fight? And he said: It was a human kitty
    *blush for me*

Well the dog has certainly made himself at home

Your poor arms and hands I hope they are feeling better.

Cats are funny creatures though, I suppose they will be busy finding their favorite sleeping places in the new house for a while. I know mine took about a week to get her act together, found her in all sorts of strange places before she settled on two that came up to her high standards. One was the top of the staircase, she could see who was coming and going and it was cool up there in the summer, also good for tripping me up the other was along the back of the sofa next to the radiator again she has a good view of who was coming and going in the house and could see out the window and of course had the heat from the radiator. She is long gone now and I still miss her, cant get another as my OH is allergic (boo hoo).

Enjoy your new home and I hope it brings you much happiness

They all look OK. Is the 13 year-old kitty the grey and white? He looks fine. And I love this picture with the dog!
    I use to travel with my cats, though not that long, and I noticed that Peppito who is now 10 years-old looks more tired than he used to be. He needs more sleep and quietness after a trip.
    Welcome to your new home!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Your red lines remind me of a true story: I had a meeting with a co-worker of mine who has cats. It was summer, he had a short sleeve shirt and I saw some scratchings on his arms. I said: Did you have a kitty fight? And he said: It was a human kitty
    *blush for me*
    Oops, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by kt_luvs_kitties View Post
    Lovely cats and dogs, and house too!

My kitchen is like yours, and I dont know what it is with NC and the cabinets being lower than ceilings Mine are the same way, and its the PERFECT spot to have cat naps

Might as well give up now, and do like I did, and accomodate the kitties by putting beds up there!

And also wanted to add, Thank you so much for keeping your pets, and bringing them with you. Most people would just dump them at a shelter, or run an add trying to give them away... You are a good pet owner! Thank you

Oh of course. There was another subdivision I liked, but they told you how many animals you could own, I think it was 3. And Im over that limit.

This subdivision limits your outside pets, and only my 2 dogs go out.

The more was more for them, then it was for myself.