Thread: Oscar - ridge at back of skull

Oscar - ridge at back of skull

Just the thing to make a meowmie slightly paranoid.

I was stroking Oscar today, and my hand went over a bony ridge in the middle of the back of his head. I had never noticed it before and Oscar has been here for about 4 years.

He has a vet appt a bit later this month, so will get that checked. But - are cat's skulls built this way?

Thanks from a worried meowmie. (Oscar is happy and the same as ever.)

ETA - did a quick lookup. There is a 'saggital (sp?) ridge'. Maybe he has lost some weight on his diet and I can just feel it now?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I know I can feel it really well on Oreo (one of the Shih-Tzu's). I've always worried, but the vet says he's fine.

Keep us posted on Oscar. In the meantime, give him an extra pet or two from me.

Hugs,
    Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Yes, I can feel it on Boo who is sitting on my lap as I type this. As he's gotten older, he's gotten thinner and I think that it's more pronounced now. Keep us posted anyhow, Candace.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I noticed the exact same thing with Morgan a few weeks ago. I keep playing with it now. LOL

I think the weight loss is exactly why you are feeling it now. (but of course I can't feel what you are feeling )

You know, Taz has a boney type bump right on the very top of his head. I wonder if that's the same thing?
    Well, it's good to know others have it and it's nothing to worry about.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

My Sunny is an Aby mix so he's always been a long thin cat. I've always noticed this on him but I never really thought much about it. I can even feel his microchip which scared me at first because I thought it was some kind of a lump.

All my guys have a bit of extra padding except for Oliver and he does have a bit of ridge.