I'm worried about Jackie after his dental, ear cleaning and skin....issues. I picked him up from the vet on Tuesday 11/4/08 at about 4:30 pm. He was a still groggy from the anesthesia, but the first thing he did was go to his food bowl. I knew he shouldn't have much since he hadn't eaten since the night before, so I tried to hold him back a bit, but he was hungry and insisted on eating. He didn't throw up or anything, so I guess he was ok after that.

However, since then he is eating very little, if at all, and I don't see him drinking either. I first took him to the vet last Thursday, 10/31/08, and he has lost .6 pounds since then. Usually when he comes in from his walkies he heads right to the food bowl for a few crunchies, but now he just passes the bowl by and goes right to bed.

I did get him to eat some wet food tonight - not as much as I would have liked, but at least it was something. I'll try to get some more into him before we go to bed tonight, but I'm starting to get worried.

Does anybody have experience with their cat not eating after surgery or a dental? Robin had 5 teeth pulled and she was eating right away. Jackie didn't have any teeth pulled and he's not eating. I'm worried about my precious little boy.