Thread: Which program is best ... Photoshop Elements 7 or PSP Deluxe Photo X2?

Which program is best ... Photoshop Elements 7 or PSP Deluxe Photo X2?

I am trying free trial downloads of each of these programs but with limited time, I would still appreciate feedback on them both!

If you have used either or both, please give me your thoughts! One of these will be my Christmas gift this year from my hubby!

I will be using them for photo editing and graphics making for my website / blog, etc. I love to create graphics and am used to using PSP 7 and tubes. I am also beginning an interest in digital scrapbooking so I'm not sure which of these programs might work best for that as well.

ANY HELP APPRECIATED!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I would suggest Photoshop, seeing as it is the most user friendly and has more features than you will ever need.

Although I have never used Photoshop elements, personally, I have heard it was very complicated to use. I use PSP: Dell Edition and have never needed anything else but Photofiltre to touch up my graphics. I much happier then I was with just using photofiltre. I also once got a free trial of Photoshop and could NOT figure anything out, but that's just me.

Have you ever had any problems with either of them?

Kim, I take it that you want to try these programmes rather than Photoshop, because they're easier to learn, or cheaper?

I believe PS CS4 is out now, but you may be able to get an earlier version for half the price. Shop around! It would be good to have Illustrator and Indesign too, you know, depending what you need to do. You should also consider whether you can get help learning those other programmes - you may be able to, though.

In any case, my advise would be, save up for Photoshop!

And.... here's the most exiting version of Photoshop yet!

http://i36.tinypic.com/2quu0qw.jpeg

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Elements is just a cut down version of Photoshop, better to get the full version.

I have Photoshop CS3 and PSP X2, both do what you want, PSP is cheaper and probably easier.

I have the PSP x2 and use it for all my photo editing. I love it. Yes it can be a bit complicated at times, but most of the adobe photoshop tutorials available online can be translated over to PSP x2 with a bit of work. I love the program and wouldn't trade it for anything now that I'm more used to it.

The big thing is no matter which photo editing program you use, you'll definately want to get a monitor calibrator. I'm quickly finding out that all the time I've spent tweaking my pix they only look that way on my monitor, on everyone else's monitor or in prints they actually have WAY too much red in them causing me to waste alot of ink printing. My very next photo gear purchase is going to be the Spyder monitor calibrator.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I have used both, and have always preferred PSP.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Thank you all VERY much for your input! I am leaning towards sticking with PSP and going with the new X2 version. Much more affordable for me right now!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!