Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor Little Guy

Poor CJ. Phred beat me to the "you should see the OTHER guy!" comment. Feel better, handsome boy.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Just look at that face.. He is like I dare you to take me to that vet anymore for all of this abuss.. Its ok baby meowmom is just trying to get healthy now.. If you will goolge eye her maybe she will give you some treats..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

POOR OLD CJ, HE LOOKS LIKE A PRIZE FIGHTETR WHOS BEEN PUT IN TOO TOUGH. HE WILL HEAL UP WE PRAY AND WE PRAY TOO THAT THE BIOPSY SHOWS NOTHING .
    WE KNOW THAT TUBBY AND PEANUTS ARE THERE COMFORTING THIER PROTEGE
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you all for your nice comments and good wishes. Now word from the vet on the biopsies yet, but I did take him back for a recheck today. He is still wobbly on his feet - it's almost as if his back legs are weak and give out on him. He can jump off the bed ok.....most of the time, but the reason I took him back was because he was walking in a straight line right in front of me, and boom, there goes his back leg for no reason! When I brought Robin home from her dental, she was perfectly fine the very next day as far as wobbliness. It seems he knows he's unstable on his feet now, so he takes things a bit slower, but sometimes that back leg just gives out.

So anyway, I took him back and the vet who did the original damage is off on Thursdays, so the other vet looked at him and again, since Jackie fights so much, he couldn't get a real good look in his ears, but he did take his temp and it's normal (and boy did CJ NOT like that!), so he said he doesn't thing it's anything to be really concerned about, that sometimes it just takes a little longer for the full effects of the sedative to wear off. I have noticed that CJ is not eating as much as normal, and when they weighed him today, he was .6 pounds less than when they first weighed him a week ago. The vet says they need to eat and drink to metabolize the anesthetic, so maybe that's what the problem is.

Anyway, he's just coming back from another walkie, so he can't be feeling too bad.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

5. I think it is time for a name change...."Bad, bad Leroy Brown" is what I thought when I saw his photo!

Poor baby....wishes for a quick return to normal!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom View Post

'

This probably won't be funny, but I have to make a joke because I feel sorry for CJ and his fight with the scalpel, so please forgive me?

"Years after Al Pacino made the role and movie a classic piece of American cinematography....

CJ brings the essence of the gangster movie back to life in...'

THE SON OF SCARFACE.

"Come get some, you #@*&$#^ cock-a-roach! Say hello, to my little fren!"

---------------

CJ, don't worry, mom had to get you checked out. It's a hard thing to explain, but it was done out of love.

Terry, don't worry!

He seemed almost worse this last night and this morning, so I took him back. Turns out he has a raging inner ear infection which is why is still so wobbly and why he doesn't have an appetite. He is in the "hospital" as we speak, getting fluids, antibiotics and a steroid shot to help bring the inflamation down. Vet says the ear drum was close to rupturing.

My opinion.....never doubt a meowmy's instincts. I knew there was something wrong. My question now is....why didn't the first vet notice the ear infection when he was cleaning Jackie's ears? The first vet is having surgery himself right now, so another vet is taking care of him and found the ear infection - after we suggested looking for it. The second vet says there's a good chance Jackie had a mild ear infection to begin with, which was causing him to scratch his head, causing the scabbies on his head. So, again, why didn't the first vet find the ear infection when he cleaned his ears. Could have saved us a whole lot of grief and Jackie a whole lot of stress - and them a whole lot of time because I don't intend to pay for much that went on today after paying over $800.00 the first time!.

Thanks for the laugh, Richard. Good news is the hair on his face is already growing back quite nicely, so he won't be Son of Scarface for long.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Wow, that is bad that the first vet didn't catch the infection and the scratching would explain the scabs. Poor Cracker Jack! I sure hope he responds quickly to the meds and fluids and feels better soon.

Thanks for the update.

From Decker with Love

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Oh poor C.J.! He looks pitiful! Poor baby. Gentle schmoozles and squishes.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I hope CJ will start feeling better now, poor boy!

I hope that he starts to feel better now.
    When I have a feeling I get a second opinion. With ET I went through 3 vets.
    GILL & Crew;

Oo..... what a sad face .... Get better soon dear CJ!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge