Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Positive thoughts for Haggis:hyperthyroid+tongue lesion

Haggis, I have been thinking of you every day and praying real hard! I hope you are feeling better now and that your Mom doing well also.

Haggis? Where are you? How are you? Please have your Mom update!

November 3rd to February 9th, and Haggis was having a good day on the 9th.

The vets thought "2 months" - looks like they might be wrong!

Prayers that Haggis is doing better and better.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

**Update**

Hi everyone!
    Sorry for such a long gap between updates. Where'd last month go? And we are halfway done w/ March too!

I am happy to report (knock wood) that dear Haggis is still doing well. We've had a few more throw-ups but he is still very active, happy and eagerly chowing on his Fancy Feast. I am still giving him Transfer Factor too. Is it the miracle cure? I don't know but we are happy he has pushed passed his diagnosis date. My vet even called last week to check on him...surprised that he is doing so well. Should I bring him in for a check up? I am worried it would jinx things. So, I keep him tucked in at home.

Besides Transfer Factor, I think all of your well wishes and prayers have helped him immensely! Thank you so much.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Good to hear from you, thank you for the happy update!
    I've Been Frosted

Great news. Thanks for letting us know about his progress! Keep up the god work.

YAY! Happy news! Maybe your vet will want to do a re-test at some point?

Give both boys some cuddles for me!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so glad to hear that Haggis is doing well. It reminded me of a cat that had cancer that was given the TF by her owner and is now doing very well, years later and seems to be cancer free. The vet was amazed and this is the same vet that said that the cat should be put down. Thankfully the cat's family decided to try one last thing before giving up. I think these days she only gives the cat a few capsules a week.
    How is Haggis when you take him to the vet? Most of my cats get very stressed and at this point, stress might cause more harm than good. But if he is one of those cats that travels well, then a retest might be good.
    I'm with you though, I think the power of prayer must have a whole lot to do with it! More prayers heading your way.

I have been wondering about Haggis for some time. I was really worried when I didn't hear anything! Thank you so much for the great news!!!

Such good news! I'm so happy for you and Haggis!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I was worried about Haggis as well, but afraid to ask after my last post! I'm so happy the news is good! Keep us updated!

The "CREW" is sending thier cheers and prayers.
    GILL & Crew;

:)

I promise to not take so long in-between updates.

The kitties used to do okay with going to the vet but not anymore. Haggis gets very fearful-and he is a people cat, always friendly and curious-but he gets all slinky and nervous now.

Hamish develops "Haggis amnesia" and it takes 3 days for him to recover from a trip to the vet-but it's Haggis who suffers. Hamish hisses and stalks Haggis-and growls whenever he is in sight.

Haggis gets home and is fine-relieved. Then, he wants to make friends with Hamish (his brother, who he has lived with since Day One!) who has no interest in it. I have to watch that they don't fight. Haggis gets sad and confused about the whole thing. This is why I am hesitant at bringing them in. My vet wants to do a blood test on Hamish at least to see how the meds are working for the hyper-thyroidism. I told him he's gained weight and is fine...but that doesn't seem to cut it anymore. He wants to see Hamish at least. So, we'll see.

Haggis appreciates your thoughts and prayers and I want to thank you all again for your kind words as well. All the best to you and your kitties!

**still doing good**

Just wanted to check in with you and let you know that Haggis is doing really well. He is eating and playing and-behaves like a kitty not diagnosed with-the C word. *sigh*

Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers. Happy Easter to everyone!

Thanks for keeping us updated, and Happy Easter to you and your clan as well!
    I've Been Frosted