Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Positive thoughts for Haggis:hyperthyroid+tongue lesion

Hamish update

Hamish is still at the critical care center but has spent half the day out of the oxygen cage and is doing okay with that so far. He has been receiving Lasix via nebulizor/ed and they want to start him on pills to see how he adjusts. His lungs are clearing but still raspy and likely to be that way once he comes home. He's not eating which is typical for him if he spends any time at the vet. Looks like we can get him late tomorrow...but maybe one more day. We'll see what the night brings.

The vet we rushed him too (not our regular one) went down to see Hamish today. No other reason but to check on his progress. I thought that was so nice of him. We are going to send his office thank you flowers or something for what they did to save his life. He said that Hamish had such an impact on them they just are praying it all turns out okay. Our regular vet, who knows Hamish is very sick, haven't called or anything.

Haggis misses his brother and has been pretty vocal about it. He is getting extra pets and tummy rubs.

So, kitty is improving. I hope to have more news tomorrow. Best wishes to everyone. Thank you for the prayers. What a year it has been with the kitties.

Better news! More prayers for Hamish - glad he is responding to the meds.

I hope you have your baby boy home tomorrow...and extra food on hand!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so happy for you and for Hammish! Spoil that boy for me when he gets home! Sounds to me like you should change vets. I wouldn't want a vet who once gave my cat a death sentence, which proved wrong, and then couldn't be bothered to check on him when he is very sick.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Critical but improving, well, that's something anyhow. We'll keep the prayers going that he'll continue to improve and be home w/you where he belongs. Better and better.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Hamish update2

Some good news- Hamish ate some food overnight! Whew. He remained out of the oxygen cage all night too. They are going to review blood gases and his lungs again this afternoon and they think he can come home tonight. Yay!

I think I might switch vets after this. You're right- after Haggis' prognosis and no call after this makes me wonder about the office a bit. Kitties hate the ride to the vet and they are a half hour away. I continued as a client after the first dr. (Dr.Dave) retired. He was awesome-his replacement is okay but doesn't have the same sensibilities. The new vet is just up the street and obviously has a big heart. I sent them a thank you bouquet today... How can you say thank you enough for what they did?!?!

If anyone has a scary emergency situation in the Seattle area-here is where Hamish is. His dr. is Dr. Hsu
    http://www.svsvet.com/index.php

You can say "thank you" by making this caring man your official vet. Get you vet records for both boys transferrred to this office asap!

Hamish home

He's eaten a jar of baby food so far and is sleeping in my lap now. He's happy to be home. Haggis is apprehensive and growly.

We are going to switch vets- no doubt about it. The drs. at the hospital even commented on him stopping by to check on Hamish. I count us lucky for all the great people we met during this.

Okay. Time for bed. Thank you again everyone for the shoulder and prayers.

Hamish sick again and back from the vet

Yikes. What a week. Hamish had another attack Tuesday night. We rushed him to the emergency vet and he was there till today. He is now on Lasix and beta-blockers for his heart. So far so good. Fingers crossed.

Oh no! What a shock -

Glad to hear he is home and ok for now. How are his spirits and his appetite?

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, Hamish, sweetie, please straighten yourself out - your family is so worried as are we! Prayers both you and Haggis are OK.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'm glad at least that Hamish is holding his own. Prayers are going up that he'll continue to improve....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

So far so good

Hamish appetite is really good. I was attempting to sneak his pills in a small spoonful of food but he caught on that something was in it. So, I'm pilling by hand. I have 2 pill shooters- one's opening is too big and the other too small. I will pick up suspensions on Monday but I am getting good at pilling finally.
    Hamish first attack after the echo showed he had an enlarged heart- this last one it was almost normal sized. He is an atypical case of congestive heart failure. The beta blockers seem to be really helping with his appetite and mood. Haggis missed him too. He witnessed Hamish collasping at the top of the stairs and didn't run when he heard my hubby running up the stairs with the pet carrier. Every day while Hamish was gone he would cry out. Once Hamish came home there wasn't a learning curve on remembering who this cat was...even with Hamish bandaged IV leg and shaved spots. Thanks again for listening to our tails of woe. SVS hopes not to see Hamish again and I hope they don't either! They are great folks. Anyway it's day by day and he is happy to be home. Both kitties are laying in front of the fireplace now. Again, what a week!

Both of your boys are in my prayers. Give them each a hug and kiss from me!

Im so happy to hear he is improving! Both your boys are in my thoughts and prayers!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

Prayers for continued improvement - thanks for taking the time to update.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!