Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Positive thoughts for Haggis:hyperthyroid+tongue lesion

Yahhhooooo!! Great mews!

Your wonderful kitty Haggis is always in my prayers. I needed good news today, and this was it! Keep it up, Haggis!

That's such wonderful news! Atta boy, Haggis! Super kitty you are, indeed! I know how relieved your humans must be.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Great stuff, Haggis! You all have a wonderful weekend, too!

Yea for super kitty Haggis! I am so happy that he is still doing really well - there is not a feeling in the world like it! I continue to send positive thoughts your guys way and I hope for continual improvement!
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

I'm glad to hear Haggis is feeling better Prays that everything will continue to go as well.

Melissa

Pray for Haggis :o( **sad panicked update**

Have you heard about our heatwave on the news? It was almost 100 in the Seattle area yesterday. Where I live it got to 102 and they are expecting the temps to climb over 105 the next 2 days. I don't have A/C-just lots of fans. We never have heat like this.

Last night, when I went to bed Haggis didn't act right- he was unresponsive at first and then he got up and his eyes were big and black-and then paced the house-his tail twitching the whole time. He eventually calmed down and acted like himself last night and this morning until it started heating up again. I had been wiping them both down with a cool towel every hour last night and this morning. He just kept pacing the house for a cool spot and was agitated.

Since it's going to be even hotter the next 2 days I didn't think he could take being in the house anymore so decided to board them till Friday. Haggis freaked out and started panting as soon as I put him in his crate. Hamish just hunkered down and panicked.

After we got to the vet and into the A/C, Haggis stopped panting but still wasn't happy and settled into a long stare.

The vet just called and said he is stable, no temperature and his heart sounds good though it's racing a bit. He is still staring off into space and not very responsive. We are hoping that he is just stressed from being at the vet and will calm down overnight. His "fainting" episode is concerning and could be kidneys- or a brain tumor-or the heat. The vet gave me the option of moving him to a 24/7 emergency vet (my vet is there 8am-6pm) but I'm afraid he'll only freak out more and it would be more harm than good to move him...in the 100+ heat again with people he doesn't know and away from Hamish.

If there is any good news he couldn't see any indication of a regrowth of the mouth tumor...although he's worried maybe it's moved to his brain (fainting spell last night). I feel like I am in a no win situation. I made the best decision I could. I just feel bad.

Please pray for Haggis. After all he's been through to have a blasted heatwave ruin everything. Not fair not fair. Thank you everyone. I just had to talk to folks who understand.

You did what you could to make things comfortable for Haggis. The heat would only make him feel worse, so taking him to a place w/AC was in his best interests. We'll keep the prayers going for him and you. (((HUGS))) Keep the faythe. A candle burns for Haggis:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=8865876
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Heat can definitely cause scary kitty symptoms. Years ago I was living in an apartment with inadequate AC and a heat wave hit. My kitty Keke and I were lying right in front of the AC unit, but it was still too hot, and she began panting so hard it scared me. So I scooped her up and drove to my mom's house, where we stayed until I could arrange for a bigger AC to be installed.

I hope Haggis had nothing more than a reaction to the heat and that he'll be fine now that he's someplace cool.

Prayers that Haggis had a touch of heatstroke, and that he'll be good as new in no time!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I sure hope your kitties return home soon and in good health. Maybe you could make sure there is something at the vet's office that smells like home. That may help Haggis be a bit more relaxed.

Haggis **possible mild heatstroke**

I spoke to his vet this evening and the one good thing to report is that Haggis isn't staring off into space anymore and his eyes aren't huge black saucers and are back to normal. He checked his kidneys and bladder (because he had bladder crystals a few years ago) and they are normal too. I guess he is really cranky-because he hasn't eaten I suspect.

The vet thinks it was mild heatstroke but he'll re-evaluate him again in the morning. I'm hoping and praying the cool temps will improve his mood and he'll eat. The vet/staff call him Haggis, the WonderCat. He was reviewing his chart and said, "You know, he shouldn't even be here." That's why this fluke heatwave is so upsetting.

I rushed out of the house with FancyFeast and his Transfer Factor but forgot a towel or toy from home. I will go down again tomorrow and drop some things off. They said I shouldn't go see him because he'll have separation anxiety all over again. So will I!

And- Hamish is doing just fine. Settling in and not drooling anymore.He was handling the heat much better.

Tonight is much more hotter and more humid...I'm glad they are cool and comfy-just not real happy about it.

Thank you for the candle, prayers and well wishes. I've attached a recent pix of Haggis-laying in his leather chair before the heat wave hit. He says "thank you" too.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sounds like he is a little slower to recover, but is making good progress. The Wondercat! At least the vet got to check him again and see how well he is doing, heat wave notwithstanding.

If he is a bit, er, LARGER than his fursib, that might make the heat affect him a bit more too.

Hugs and kissies to both babies!

Prayers for continued improvement! I can't help the heat, I'm sorry!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

How is our Haggis today? And Hagrid?

Hugs to those precious boys!