Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Continued Prayers for Cincy -Surgery #2 Stitches are out and all is well!

Oh dear. I hope they can get the rest of it with the next surgery.
    Cincy will be in my thoughts.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so sorry to hear that you didn't get better news. Hugs to Cincy. I hope the next surgery goes easily and successfully.

Prayers for Cincy, & you & Ralph. She couldn't have two more loving, caring pawrents looking out for her.
    (((hugs))) to you from all of us.

Oh no, not the news I was hoping for. You and Cincy will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers!!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

More thoughts and prayers going out for Cincy and all the family. I will pray really hard that they're able to get it all in the next surgery and she makes a complete recovery. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

{{{{HUGS}}}}} and prayers to you all!

I hope they can go back in and get it all next time!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Oh boy, I wish the news was better. Poor Cincy. But, she'll endure this and may be just fine after the second surgery:

My Oreo had a similar kind of non-metastasizing (local), slow-growth cancer in her front leg in 2004. And like Cincy, the first surgery didn't get clear margins. We did the exact same thing--wait 30 days, and then have another surgery to take a wider sample to get any remaining bad cells and very clear margins. This worked--it hasn't grown back in 4 years.

I hope that this is what happens for your Cincy as well. I'll be thinking of you and her over the next month. It seems like a long time to wait, doesn't it? Hang in there, and give Cincy a big hug.
    Oreo and Molly

I'm very sorry to hear this news. I hope that they will be able to get all of it in the next surgery and that will be the end of it. Thinking of you and Cincy!

prayers for cincy

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom View Post
    Cincy girl is having another lump removed. This one is a large marble sized, and fairly hard on the outside of her left rear leg. The vet didn't like the look of it, and wanted it off, so today is the day. She is there now and I should have an update around noon.

Please keep the baby girl in your thoughts this morning! She's a trooper, but it doesn't make me worry any less!
    My prayers blessings and love to Cincy and her mom , I hope all is well.
    from Denise Sandra Marie.

Amy, I'm really sorry to hear this news. I was so hoping that it wouldn't be cancer.
    But hopefully like Kona & Oreo's mom said, she'll have the other surgery and it won't come back.

We'll be saying prayers for you, Ralph and Cincy.

(((HUGS)))
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thanks everybody! And thanks K&O's mom for sharing about Oreo...I hope we are as lucky!

Right now I do have a very positive outlook about this. Last December, we were told Cincy had Dialated Cardiomyopathy, and when I started reading online about it, I thought maybe she'd have 6 months to a year. Maybe the diagnosis was wrong, and she has always had an enlarged heart, or maybe we just caught it so early she has truly developed the ture heart issues yet, but whatever the case, she is the happiest, toughest dog and a year later shows no sings of slowing down.

I can't imagine this tough little pup is going to get a little thing like cancer get her down either. She certainly doesn't know what she could be facing and she goes hard after everything...she sleeps hard (snoring like a fiend!), and plays hard (and never wants to quit!) and she definatly throws herself all in at dinner time too! She lives in the moment and just enjoys it. How can we not learn from her?

Stitches come out on Friday and we will talk more to the vet then and maybe get the next surgery scheduled.

Oh my!

Lots of continued prayers and healing vibes for Cincy. *hugs*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Prayers and hugs from DownUnder ......
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Our beloved Cincy is a fighter and will beat this!
    Lots of hugs to all of you.

I've been Boooo'd!

Cincy had her staples out this morning, and the vet said the area is healing well. He feels that although this is an aggressive cancer, since it does have a low chance of spreading, attcking it with surgery is the best approach. He gave us the option of doing another surgery in about 5-6 weeks to go in, remove any un-neccesary tissue in the area and try to completly knock it out that way, or wait until it grows back and then go back in. Rough estimate was that it would be 3-4 months when something may reappear.

We have decided to go after this aggressively and not wait to see if it comes back. So, January 9 Cincy will be going in for another surgery. I'm not sure I completely understand, but it sounds like he will remove the skin and all the tissue he can in the lower part of her leg (think your ankle area). He will leave enough to not effect the blood supply and this should not interfere with mobility. Excess skin from the upper leg will be folded down to cover the area.

His thought is becuase it does not have a high liklihood to spread, even if we had to go through a few more surgeries that was the best approach. He uses lasers, and can section the tissue down to the bone if needed. He can be more precise then radiation and there is less risk to damaging the bone that way.

So that is where we are. No surgeries for Christmas, and early January should get things all healed up well before Spring Dog Park parties!
    Last edited by Cincy'sMom; 11-14-2008 at 09:08 PM.