Thread: jennifer hudson family

jennifer hudson family

i am wondering about the foundation they set up.
    i know this was a terrible tragedy but why is the foundation for clothes food/shelter and counseling?
    i can understand the counseling.
    But...they had clothes before the shooting,they had a home too before the shooting/plus food still must be in their cubbards.
    i just don't understand why all this stuff needed for the victems of the family.
    plus jennifer has some money to help/a home and food.
    i don't understand.
    i feel terrible about what happened but this was very strange to me.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

The foundation isn't for the Hudsons themselves, it is being set up by them for other families who have been victims of murder.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/1031/hudsonj.html

That's what I understand from what I've read anyway.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

ok...i just didn't understand.my husband didn't get it either.they weren't burnt out of their home.
    but that makes sense.thanks for the link.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

Thanks, Jess. I searched for something and found this article:

Jennifer Hudson Announces Foundation for Murder Victim Families
    By Beth Perry

Originally posted Thursday October 30, 2008 08:15 PM EDT
    Dreamgirls

Photo by: Steve Azzara / Corbis
    Jennifer Hudson's family announced Thursday a new foundation for families of murder victims.

The Hudson-King Foundation for Families of Slain Victims is named in honor of the singer-actress's slain mother Darnell Hudson Donerson, brother Jason Hudson and nephew Julian King.

"The specific purpose of the Foundation is to care for the needs of families who have lost relatives to a violent crime," the family says in a statement. "This encompasses their basic needs of food, clothing and shelter as well as grief counseling."

Donations to the Hudson-King Foundation can be sent:
    c/o Abrams Garfinkel Margolis Bergson, LLP
    Attn: William L. Abrams, Esq.
    237 West 35th Street, 4th Floor
    New York, NY 10001

The foundation announcement followed a prayer vigil Wednesday night in Chicago.

"Jennifer sang her first song in this church – she said her first prayer in this church," her cousin Shari Nichols Witt said of the Pleasant Gift Missionary Baptist Church. Witt also spoke fondly of the actress-singer's slain nephew, saying 7-year-old Julian King "seemed like he was ahead of his time."

The Rev. Jesse Jackson, who spoke at the vigil, told PEOPLE that Hudson, 27, and her family "are overwhelmed by the suddenness and the unexpectedness of it all. This family knows triumph, and they also know tragedy."

As the community grieved the loss of the Dreamgirls star's relatives, the 27-year-old parolee considered a suspect in their shooting deaths, William Balfour, remained in police custody Thursday.

Balfour – the estranged husband of Hudson's sister Julia – was being held on an alleged parole violation.

• Reported by JULIE JORDAN, NIKITTA FOSTON and HILARY SHENFELD

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

i couldn't find anything like those links...glad i asked here.i feel stupid but i mean all it said was a foundation set up for clothes food counseling for the victems.(it looked like HER family only)
    even my husband thought it strange...i tried to find out before here but couldn't.
    thanks again...sickening world isn't it?
    too many bad seeds.it is scary...you just don't know who is bad and who isn't.even getting work done on our house had some bad guys here...you can't trust anyone...you want to but you can't.

Often a family will feel the need to move, to get away from the place that has such horror associated with it. And when one of the adults of the family is the victim, it means a loss of income as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Often a family will feel the need to move, to get away from the place that has such horror associated with it. And when one of the adults of the family is the victim, it means a loss of income as well.
    that's true
    i wonder who else lived w/her mom...that poor girl(jennifer)/and her sister will fall apart now so sad.

The whole thing is a strange, sad story.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678