View Poll Results: LinkedIn -- should there be a PT group at this site?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, if PT members want to find one another there, it's easy enough.

5 20.83%
  • No, keep PT special, don't list it at another site.

4 16.67%
  • Maybe. I want more info.

4 16.67%
  • Yes. Set it up immediately and send me an invitation.

3 12.50%
  • Yes. Set it up, I'd like an easy way to find other PTers there.

3 12.50%
  • Yes, I don't care about LinkedIn, but think it's great for PT members to keep in touch.

1 4.17%
  • What is this LinkedIn? I want more info before I vote.

4 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Any interest in a PetTalk group at LinkedIn?

Any interest in a PetTalk group at LinkedIn?

Hi,

I joined LinkedIn, a forum which encourages social linking for job leads, references and recommendations, etc ... (some call it "Facebook for adults with jobs"). I found several Pet Talk members there and requested those I found to 'friend' me. I've since learned how easy it is to set up groups there and that each member can belong to up to 50 groups. It seems useful to set up a Pet Talk group on LinkedIn to make it easy for PTers to link to one another. Does it seem useful to you, too? If there are 10 (or more) interested in this by Nov. 4 (US election day), I'm willing to set this up. Feel free to vote.

If you are interested in joining, and would like an invitation, feel free to post a request for one here, okay. Or, if you prefer anonymity, PM me.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I have an account on LinkedIn and would join the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom View Post
    I have an account on LinkedIn and would join the group.

PM sent with info on how to find me on LinkedIn.

If the poll ok's me (or another LinkedIn member) to create a group, an invitation to the group will be sent next week.
    Last edited by AmberLee; 10-29-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: clarification
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

A couple people have asked for more information.

I pulled this from the LinkedIn "About LinkedIn" page:

LinkedIn’s simple philosophy:
    Relationships Matter
    Your professional relationships are key to your professional success.
    Our mission is to help you be more effective in your daily work and open doors to opportunities using the professional relationships you already have.

This isn’t networking—it’s what networking should be.
    Forget exchanging business cards with acquaintances that don’t know your work, or trying to renew professional ties when you need a favor.

What is LinkedIn?
    LinkedIn is an online network of more than 30 million experienced professionals from around the world, representing 150 industries.

When you join, you create a profile that summarizes your professional accomplishments. Your profile helps you find and be found by former colleagues, clients, and partners. You can add more connections by inviting trusted contacts to join LinkedIn and connect to you.

Your network consists of your connections, your connections’ connections, and the people they know, linking you to thousands of qualified professionals.
    Through your network you can:

Find potential clients, service providers, subject experts, and partners who come recommended
    Be found for business opportunities
    Search for great jobs
    Discover inside connections that can help you land jobs and close deals
    Post and distribute job listings
    Find high-quality passive candidates
    Get introduced to other professionals through the people you know
    LinkedIn is free to join. We also offer paid accounts that give you more tools for finding and reaching the right people, whether or not they are in your network.

LinkedIn participates in the EU Safe Harbor Privacy Framework and is certified to meet the strict privacy guidelines of the European Union. All relationships on LinkedIn are mutually confirmed, and no one appears in the LinkedIn Network without knowledge and explicit consent.

LinkedIn is located in Mountain View, California and is funded by world-class investors including Sequoia Capital, Greylock, the European Founders Fund, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Bain Capital Ventures.
    About LinkedIn
    For those of you requesting more info, if this doesn't help, can you tell me what info you want? If you'd like to wander around the site and see for yourself, the URL is www.LinkedIn.com
    Last edited by AmberLee; 10-29-2008 at 10:42 AM.

* bump *

* bump *

I am there!

Yes, I'm aware of six Pet Talkers on LinkedIn but note they do not link to one another. I was hoping to make it easier for us to find one another...

* bumpity bump, bump *

Hmmm, a day before voting ends, I count

8 nos.

7 maybes or requests for more info.

4 yeses.
    Last edited by AmberLee; 11-03-2008 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Oops, miscounted.

8 no's

7 requests for more info: is the info provided above enough? If not, PM me for more info.

6 yes's. Not enough to meet the stated requirement to start a group. Rats, I'm disappointed. Ah, well. If you would like to connect with me there even though there is no group, PM me for information to do so.

I voted maybe. I belong to sooo many sites that I'm not sure if I want to add yet another that I have to try to remember to check.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June