Thread: Roth made his journey to the bridge last night.

Roth made his journey to the bridge last night.

If you ever read My Favorite Things by your Dog Roth was the epitome of that.

Food My favorite thing
    Car ride My favorite thing
    Walk My favorite thing
    Cats My favorite thing
    Dogs My favorite thing
    People My favorite thing.
    He never met a living soul he didnt like.

He was the eternal puppy, like Peter Pan, he never grew up. He never lost his enthusiasm for life; he loved life and all its wonders, despite his last few years being a struggle to deal with his LP. That struggle and the fight he put up to survive took a toll on him physically and tonight his heart grew tired.
    He waited for Jan to come home, she was in the door 15 mins, when he froze and went ridged, he had trouble standing, so he just lay down gently, he looked us both directly in the eye, and we both saw his light begin to dim. He told us it was time.
    He allowed us to roll him into a blanket and carry him down the steps to the car, instead of fighting to stick his head out of the window he laid down on the back seat and placed his head on my lap. He was leaving us on his own terms; he was very calm and peaceful.
    When we got to the vets office, he struggled to stand, he wanted to make the last walk by himself, unassisted, and he did.

In the office he stood quietly while the vet checked him over and confirmed he was in heart failure. When the vet finished he laid down with his head in my lap again, when the vet came in with the injection, he offered his paw, his head grew heavy and he was gone. His eternal flame was finally dimmed.
    He made his journey to the bridge calmly and with dignity, leaving only happy memories of our 90lb goofball hunting dawg couch potato, lap dog.
    No longer will I get a rabbit kick in my back in the middle of the night, no longer will I have to race him to the litter boxes, I wont get to laugh at his counter surfing habits. I wont get to complain about a soggy pillow from his pillow sucking addiction.

Instead, when I am missing that big lug nut, I will look to the sky and see his eternal flame once again shining bright and strong , this time lighting the way for those that will follow him.
    RUN GOOFBALL, run to your hearts content, just look back occasionally and know that we LOVE you.
    Until we met again big guy.

Yes we live with cats visit www.aarrff.org

So sorry to hear about the loss of Roth... ((hugs)) He looked like he was a wonderful dog. I still yet haven't been able to write about how much Anna and Rosie have influenced my life, and I recently lost both girls this month...
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

So sorry for your loss. What a handsome man he was. Rest easy, Roth you were very loved.

I'm sorry about Roth. It sounds like he was a very special boy.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so very sorry, he was gorgeous. ((((HUGS))))) you'll be in my thoughts.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Beautiful memorial. Made me have LES.

RIP Roth.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Wow, what a amazing soul. Your tribute to that handsome boy is beautiful. The image of pure love and affection came across loud and clear, and makes it so very obvious how much he will be missed in this world.

Many ((((hugs)))) and good vibes headed out for you and all of Roth's family.

Rest Easy, Roth.

Rest in Peace Roth Play hard and run free at the bridge, good buddy.

What a touching story. I'm sitting here bawling. I'm so sorry.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Unhappy God's newest Angel ... *Roth*

Quote Originally Posted by flip195 View Post

*** Roth ***

He made his journey to the bridge calmly and with dignity,
    leaving only happy memories of our 90lb goofball hunting dawg couch potato, lap dog.

When I am missing that big lug nut,
    I will look to the sky and see his eternal flame once again shining bright and strong ,
    this time lighting the way for those that will follow him.

RUN GOOFBALL, run to your heart's content,
    just look back occasionally and know that we LOVE you.
    Until we met again big guy.

What lovely, heartfelt, Trubute to a faithful companion.

My sincere Sympathies.

/s/ Phred

Thank you for sharing your beautiful tribute to Roth.
    What a class act.
    May your wonderful memories and Roth's sweet spirit help heal your broken heart.

I've been Boooo'd!

There is no way anyone can read that beautiful tribute and not become teary-eyed. Roth is still touching people through your post. I am truly sorry for you loss.
    Run free at the bridge, Roth.

touching memerial

iam very sorry for your loss....what a touching memorial,i had tears in my eyes but smiles in my heart for roth's personality you so graciously shared with us ...take care and remember the good times ...... shar