Thread: Urgent Foster Home needed for taz

Urgent Foster Home needed for taz

Thank you for taking the time in reading my post I'm in New York and I am looking for a foster home for my dog. I am willing to pay who ever can take him in even though it wont be for a long period of time. Im moving and i dont want to have to put him in the pound though soon i may not have any choice. He is my baby ive had him since i was little as you can see by the pictures. I only have two more days to find him a home please help me. I'll do anything. I just dont want to have to send my baby to the pound. Hes good with other dogs and kids, hes sweet and knows tricks(Sit, lay down, and give paw). He is a medium sized dog as most pit mixes are. Please dont let his breed be the difference between helping me. He is one of the best dogs you'll ever meet. Its hard enough for me to write this posting but ive exhausted all other resources. The shelters around here have a waiting list for foster homes and i dont have the time to wait for it to be my little mans turn. Please if you cant help me point me in the right direction. Please...
    Last edited by PuppyTazNeedsAHome; 10-28-2008 at 08:45 PM.

You need to tell us where - city/state - you live!

Are there any rescue organizations near you that could help?
    As Karen stated, let us know which part of New York you are in. There are lots of people on here that are great at searching for things. Someone could help you find a rescue that might be able to find a foster home.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I tried all the local shelters and they all have a waiting list that taz cant afford to be waiting on.

Is there not a friend or co-worker that would be willing to home this baby for awhile.. How long are talking of needing a forster home?? Where in NY do you live??

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyTazNeedsAHome View Post
    I tried all the local shelters and they all have a waiting list that taz cant afford to be waiting on.
    Rescue's are different than shelters. And maybe that's what you mean.
    What part of NY are you in? You don't need to give an exact city, maybe just the nearest large city.

I just googled Pit rescues in NY. Look at this site and see if anything might work for you.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I was confused at first too, but I do think s/he meant that s/he had contacted all of the local rescues. I say that because rescues do usually have waiting lists, but shelters don't usually have waiting lists, they will just tell you they don't have room, not that they will let you know when they have room. I will also say that rescues almost always require you to sign over your dog, they have a heard enough time finding fosters for the dogs they get from kill shelters, they don't really do private fostering. Having said that, I really think you will need to hire someone through a reference that you trust to watch your dog until you can take him again. I am sorry that I cannot be more helpful. I really do hope that everything works out for you.

Why can't you take him with you? Have you thought about a boarding facility? I know of a dog at one I used to work at that was there for over 3 months because his owner was in the military. And by the way if you put him in a shelter he will most likely be put to sleep! At my shelter that I volunteer at pits and pit mixes are the first to be put down especially older ones!

Zoe and Oliver you will always be missed wait for me at the bridge babies.

Also owned by 2 cats named Olive and Sophie
    1 bunny named Houdini
    1 syrian hamster named Oreo
    A 17 year old cockatiel named Baby
    7 zebra finches named Beeper, Zeb, Sprout, Buzz, Scout, Jack and Pearl
    7 bettas
    and several tropical fish

Visit Lucy, Maggie, and Gracie's Doggyspace