Thread: Ping and Pong...the two sweetest ducks ever!

Ping and Pong...the two sweetest ducks ever!

Hi, my name is Kelly and I am new here. I have been "subscribed" to dog and pet of the day for awhile but just now actually noticed that there is a message board. Anyway.....

Back before Easter of this year I bought two baby ducks...one for each of my grandsons. When my honey man came home from school where he'd been all week, I told him about the ducks. He insisted on getting one. I was against the whole thing. Finally I gave in but made him get two so they'd have company and wouldn't be alone. He named them Ping and Pong. Needless to say I fell head over heels for those two ducks. They were so sweet and ornery. They demanded attention. There really was no choice when it came to paying attention to them. I think they thought they were roosters because they were up at the crack of dawn and doing their absolute best to make sure everyone else was too! They walked around the yard with our dog, Katie. Katie was the only one immune to the ducks charm! *sigh*

Anyway, Tim came home about 2 weeks ago maybe and found Pong completely gone without a trace and Ping was covered in blood. We tried to save Ping. Tim even went and bought 6 duck decoys for her, hoping she wouldn't die from a broken heart missing her best friend. Two days later she died too...we couldn't tell how much she was injured and thought maybe she was just traumatized from the attack and losing Pong. We don't know if she died from injuries or from a broken heart. Needless to say the one that was against getting them was the one doing all the crying...go figure! I was heart-broken myself... Now we only have Katie, our Australian terrier. She is a WHOLE other story! I am glad that wherever they are, Ping and Pong are together like they've always been....

Here they are...so beautiful! The first pic is the day we got them. The second one is one of the many we have. I like this one because it looks like they form a heart together The 3rd one is just a pic of them together...they were inseperable!

You just never know who or what will touch your life do you? They sure touched mine....

Thanks for listening....

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Thank you....I can't see the pics...can anyone see them??