Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We have a cat again.

Awww - she's beautiful. And I see she has discovered the most comfortable spot in the house.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I love happy endings - Congratulations! Cocoa is beautiful!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

ConCATulations. She's Beautiful!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

WOW - what a lovely lean and elegant girl! Yup, she has you trained...how can you and your wife resist such intelligence and glamour!

Does she have arthritis? Is there a kitty dose of glucosamine that might help? Then again - she's doing a pretty good curve and stretch in that grooming shot!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Well as for her not being able to jump up, I thinks she has just been running game on folks. This morning I found her up on the couch. She got there BY HERSELF. She was stretched out on my lab coat.

{Side story: It's not really a lab coat. It's one of those "smocks" that the inspectors in food plants wear. I have it, name embroidered and everything, for when I go to trade shows. Lots of my customers are in the food business. It looks like the coat the vet wears.}

She is a bit touchy about her under belly. Well would you be comfortable with some guy you knew for just 3 1/2 days poking around your private areas. Don't answer that!

I suspect that it is her sharp and way too long claws that cause most of her problems getting up.
    ATB

Charles Kincaid

I am sure everyone of your customers will want cat hair in their food- we all know it's the ultimate spice
    And there is quite a bit of chocolate in your Cocoa- she looks so pretty

Aweee this baby is Adorable..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by BigCharles View Post
    Oh, she has all her "weapons" too. We won't change that. (Learned my lesson ) I'm looking for one of those rotary nail files like you see on TV. I can't wait "four to six weeks" and don't want anybody to use those old style "crimpers"

Indeed she has us. Would you be having any other way now?
    Some Walgreens stores in our area have a section called "As Seen On TV," where you can find a lot of the gadgets touted on late-night infomercials (without paying S&H, of course).

Is she talking to you yet? Telling you what she wants and what to do and when to do it?

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Been by the Walgreen's (as if we could live without them) but no luck.

Yes, she has begun to talk. She still does not quite get that Cindy is blind. They have had some collisions. Cocoa still thinks that Cindy is doing it on purpose.

Oh, she gets up and down from the couch just fine by herself. Especially if she thinks we are not looking. So much for the disabled cat. They also said that she does not drink water and had been getting all her water out of the Friskies shredded can food. Two days on Fancy Feast pate' and she drinks the water like a fish. The smaller cans are less waste as well. She was a bit flabby, well puffy, when we got her. She is trimming down and acts stronger.

We even think that her stools are clumping better. We are very careful about sharing our food. She will sample but does not like what we eat. She looks at us with that oh so familiar Mr. Spock look as if to say, "How can something that smells that good taste so bad?"

On the bad side I found out that she does not see very well out of the right eye. Any motion on that side provokes no reaction until caught out of the nose side of the left eye. She is not totally blind in that eye it just does not react unless she tries to see with it. Symptoms of past head trauma anyone?

She is a companion but not a playmate. Not yet anyway.
    ATB

Charles Kincaid

CONGRATS!!! She's gorgeous and I'm thrilled to hear that you now have a cat again.

I've seen the nail trimmers that you're talking about at Bed Bath and Beyond. They also sell many "As Seen On TV" things.

Bed Bath and Beyond had the PediPaws. Got the thing itself, extra filing wheels, and batteries all on the same rack.
    ATB

Charles Kincaid

I'm just seeing this thread now and what a lovely story. Congratulations on your beautiful meezer. Here's too many, many years of joy and love with Cocoa.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010