Thread: Getting fixed...

Getting fixed...

I am taking Mister Malone to be fixed tomorrow. Guess I'm just being a Mommy, but I will be soo glad when it's over! I'm such a worry wart, I keep hoping that nothing bad is going to go wrong. We have to leave at 7:15 to get him there by 8, and then be able to pick him up around 5. Tomorrow is going to be a long day!

Oh Mr. Malone!!!! We'll be praying for you ! Don't worry Mom, he'll be ok.. You'll be amazed as to how fast they recover.... But since they are our babies, we can't help but feel worried for them... You're right, it will be a long day tomorrow!!! You'll think nothing but MR. MALONE!!!!

Paws are crossed for Mr. Malone's safe surgery!

Big hugs from me and MISSY!

Get well soon wishes from Reggie, Smokey, and Nebo! I'm sure Mister Malone will be just fine! He doesn't need those extra parts anyway, right? lol Reggie was just neutered like a month ago.....at 9 years old....and he is just fine now. I called and made an appointment for Nebo. He's getting "the big fix" next Thursday. I got work off for it....I'm dropping him off/picking him up about the same times as you will be.

Let us know how Malone is doing!

Well, I guess Mr. Malone is getting the big "fix" about now. Sorry little guy, but it is best for you Let us know how he's doing, ok?!

We didn't have Angus fixed until he was 10, and he did just fine! He was really groggy when Mark brought him home (he almost had to carry him in -he's about 120 lbs!) But within a couple of days he was back to his old self.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Mr. Malone came through his surgery just fine!!! We called at 3:00 and they said he was done & ready to be picked up--we didn't have to wait 'til 5! I had to wait for Mark to finish up some work (he was working from home today--so glad that at least he could be with me on this long day) and we picked him up around 3:45. He was soo happy to see us, waggly & doggie kisses. But as soon as we were walking around outside, he started to look sad and hurting...like he really didn't want to climb up into the car cause it hurt too much. He's so bleary eyed and sleepy, he zonked out as soon as we got home. I sure miss my waggle-muffin and will be so glad when everything is back to normal.

One thing I'm kind of concerned about now is some lumps he has on his upper lip (on the inside of his mouth). I asked the vet to check it out, and this afternoon they couldn't give me an explanation as to what they are! They haven't seen anything like this before, but are guessing that it is a local auto-immune reaction. Has anybody heard anything about this before?? They said just to keep an eye on them (he has 3 lumps) and to bring him back in if there are any changes.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts, crossed paws and support!! It's so comforting to know!!

Glad to hear the surgery went well.

I haven't heard of bumps developing so fast, but when Cincy had eye surgery at 2 1/2 mos, a month later she got warts in her mouth. They were tiny little white bumps and she had lots of them! We had a biopsy done, just to be sure that was all they were and they went away in a few weeks time. Evidentally, it was from a virus that she got, probablly becuse of her weaked immune system from the anestesia.

Get some rest Malone

Cincy's Mom,

that is too funny, because right after I posted that thread, I read what you wrote on the other thread (about the damaged eye). But from reading your description here it doesn't sound like the same type of thing. The lumps that Malone has are about the size of a quarter, very puffy, and I found them probably 6 weeks ago, and just never remembered to ask the vet about them. At first I thought it was a bee sting, but after they didn't go away, I ruled that out. So I dunno???

Well, Cincy now has some bumps in her armpit, which the vet said is acne. Yes, dogs can get acne. But that doesn't make sense for inside of the lip. Hmmm...sorry I can't be more help Give Malone a hug for me anyway

I am so sad right now! That is because Mr. Malone isn't allowed to eat until tomorrow morning, and he is sooooo hungry! He just looks at his bowl sitting on the counter, licks his chops, whines and paces back and forth from the counter to the mud room door (where his food is kept). If we take him to another room, he just sits at the door and whines. And his big sappy sad eyes! They just break my heart in two. I will be so happy when it's morning and we can feed him again!!

FIRSt please give Mr. Malone a big get well hug for me.
    I am so attached to that face of his. lol

I know how you feel, when Sheba
    had her lump removed she came home
    so thrirsty and starving.
    But she wasn't allowed to eat or drink.
    I felt so bad!!
    Make sure Mr. Malone doesn't lick his stitches
    like my Rocky did.
    Can not answer about the lumps, but
    when you bring Malone to get his
    stitches out, ask the vet again.

Night Poor hungry Mr. Malone

----<---<--<{(@

Poor Malone so hungry & can't eat. My doggies know how that is. They all said hope you get some rest tonight & before you know, it will be morning & you can eat again!
    Sleep tight Malone

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Did Malone enjoy his breakfast?

When Sadie and Cincy were spayed the vet told us to wait 2 hours before we fed them. Didn't have to worry, they weren't interested in food til the next morning. I think the surgery is a little tougher on females. I wonder why they sadi to wait overnight?

Even though we didn't have a very good night, Malone is up & active, and back to his usual waggly self. Yea!! I think he didn't sleep too good last night because he was hungry (I kept listening to his stomach churning hungrily), and because he slept ALL afternoon and most of the evening. So around 12:30, he thought it was time to get up and play!! Mrrrrrph. I finally gave up at around 5 and got up with him, and he promptly went and laid down and snoozed again. But that's OK because I am just so happy that he is pretty much back to "normal". And he was sooooo happy to see his foodbowl full this morning. He scarved it down in his usual 15 second vaccuum method.

So Malone says thanks to everyone who thought about him, and sends a big sloppy kiss!!

Cincy's Mom,

sorry I forgot to answer...the reason they said not to feed him 'til morning was because the anesthesia would probably make him feel pretty nauseus & vomit anything up. My head told me to follow the vet's instructions while my heart told me that he was just STARVING, the poor critter!! But he's happy & fed now, and that's a relief!! I wouldn't, couldn't go through that very often!