Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: More Filou worries- 1/28 good update post 128

Prayers on the way for sure from me for all of you.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Filou was better tonight. He ate some hamburger meat (you can see that he gets now whatever he loves) and he showed appetite. And what he peed was a bigger ball in the cat litter. Plus he jumped on my shoulder when I came home.
    I am so relieved that the meds kick in. Trude the vet was also relieved. She was afraid the blood in the pee could mean his kidneys gave up alltogether
    I am not taking that boy for granted from now on.......

I'm so glad to hear that he's starting to improve and eating better. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Please keep feeling better naughty Filou. I wonder what delicacies you will eat tonight?

I hope Filou will keep eating and get better! You must be thrilled that he was able to jump on your shoulder - that's a good sign.

Sending lots of positive thoughts for that handsome boy.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

So glad to read that Filou is doing better. Keep up the good work, Filou!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Filou is fine in terms of behavior but he still doesn't eat enough. He's far to thin and he moves not as smooth as he used to. We have been to the vet today for the last antibiotic shot and she is just as worried as I am. She says his creatinine level is really high and that means that all the organs will be affected. He has anemia and too much acid in the stomach which makes him lose his appetite. His legs and hips seem ok- so he may have arthritic changes in his joints (just like me) and we have decided against medication because he hates being pilled and I can see that he doesn't like this going to the vet anyway.
    The kidney failure is also the reason why his immune system is not what it used to be.
    We all hope he'll come back and gets over this episode but there is no guarantee.
    He may eat whatever he wants- he cannot lose more weight. So today it was an egg yolk and some minced beef. I sat close to him while he had the egg yolk and he seemed to enjoy it
    If he doesn't gain weight it is a question of weeks or months.
    He gives kitty kisses, purrs and behaves as his usual little self. He even climbed the cat tree to the top - and he does it mainly with the front paws.

So while I am sitting here in tears you who pray for him pray that he still has a happy period and no pain.
    I am not looking into lots of medication. If I tried to pill him he would go into hide and certainly not be happy. I can only decide for him as I would decide for myself.

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear this. When my RB Puddy developed anemia, I started her on Epogen injections and she did improve, almost immediately. Have you talked to your vet about it? I gave her the injections myself, easy to do since they're under the skin, quick and painless. Also, B complex vitamins were injected right into the bag of Ringers that Puddy needed for her subQ's and that made a world of difference in her. Obviously, I don't know if you're already doing these things but, if not, perhaps have a discussion w/your vet. It couldn't hurt and in Puddy's case, it all definitely helped and improved her quality of life immensely. (((HUGS))) to you and praying that Filou will soon be back to his old self and that you'll have many good years yet w/him.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Barbara and Seigmar,

I am so sorry that I've just seen this news and send all my love and best wishes to you both and of course to dear little Filou. I hope he continues to eat and thrive as best as could be with your kindness and care. He is such a special boy and we all want so much for him to feel well.

In my heart all I can think of is that Filou gets over this bump and is well enough to stay with us for a long time to come. However, in reality I do know that it is up to him how things will go and that you will give him all that he needs to have a quality life. Enjoy and treasure all the moments - they are the most precious of all.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always with you.
    Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I will, as always, hope that Filou has more time yet without pain. I think you are right that Filou would not consider a life with constant medication to be any life at all.

Sending all our best wishes for Filou and yourselves. Take care.

Here's hoping he regains some weight

Gosh, such a dilemma you have there. I suppose all you can do is what you think he would enjoy having done to him. It is such a difficult call to make.

Personally, I think Abys are not the sturdiest of cats. They spend soooo much time and energy being athletes and I think they fall short of immune system stability.

I wish my Miley girl had had a better immune system and intestine system, but she didn't. It surely broke my heart to see her go, but I just knew that the quality of her life was diminishing rapidly.

Barbara & Sigmar, I hope things turn around for you and Filou. You have tried so hard to keep him happy. I wish you only good things for the outcome.

Love and many, many get well wishes for little Filou,

Sas, Chloe, JuniRose, Lucy and Cinnamon

12. We here in California are thinking as many positive thoughts as we can for you in Munich.

Please be well Filou!

Prayers still flying from me too!!! It's so hard to see them with all the problems, isn't it?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

All the Clan are praying hard for dear Filou!!! Peace, comfort, no pain, and maybe eat a little.
    Nine is Fine!!

Barbara, more prayers from California are headed your way.

Filou, I hope you will start eating more for your Mom and Seigmar, they love you so much and want you to be comfortable and happy.