Thread: More Filou worries- 1/28 good update post 128

Threaded View

More Filou worries- 1/28 good update post 128

I came home from a fair two days ago and thought Filou was sleeping more than usual. Not having seen him for a week I also noticed that he had lost weight- he is now thin enough that you can see every ounce Siegmar reported he didn't had much appetite.
    He went for his fluids and the vet was worried as well. He is now diagnosed with kidney failure for two and a half year- we just don't know how long he will make it
    But he seemed ok- he ate a little, peed (and I should have noticed that it was not much) and cuddled on his own scarce terms.
    I was even more worried yesterday because he didn't get up when Tigris got some treats before I went to bed- he usually doesn't miss that date. After some time he came upstairs, went straight to the laundry basket in the bathroom and peed blood on a pink cashmere cardigan. So the poor boy has an UTI. We got him to the vet again this morning and she and us are very relieved that it is an UTI only. He's getting antibiotic shots (she thinks his stomach will not be ook with pills) and something against the pain and I hope he's better soon. Regarding that it is an UTI I think he was incredible brave.
    I love my boy so much.......
    Last edited by Barbara; 01-29-2009 at 01:52 PM.