Thread: Pop Goes the Head

Pop Goes the Head

When both Brat and Star were kittens we played this game I call, "Pop goes the Head." What you do it put the cat in the center of the bed. Then you get down on the floor and pop your head up. It's hilarious because they will try and pounce on you. As kittens they loved this game and even as adults. I have trained them not to use their claws so it's just a fun game they like to play. Do you have any made up games?
    There is no such thing as failure, just learning experiences.

If I every did that I would have cats comming from all directions. HELP!
    GILL & Crew;

I used to play a game with my wonderful (R/B) kitty - Magic. I would get down on the floor behind a door and he would be on the other side of it.
    I would reach around and wiggle my fingers and he would try to swat them. Each time I would place my fingers at a different level - and he won most of the time.

At the end of the game he would give me headbumpies and purr his head off.

How I loved that boy!

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post
    I used to play a game with my wonderful (R/B) kitty - Magic. I would get down on the floor behind a door and he would be on the other side of it.
    I would reach around and wiggle my fingers and he would try to swat them. Each time I would place my fingers at a different level - and he won most of the time.
    Oh, gracious -- that reminds me so much of a game we played with our RB cat Murphy, which we called "Cat Arm". (Yes, I know that cats don't have arms -- but you get it.)

Either Murph or one of us would hide behind an open door, and my husband or I would lightly rub our fingers along the door frame right by the hinges. Suddenly, we'd be attacked by... CAT ARM. Murph would leap up and stick an entire front leg through the little opening between the door and the hinges -- and, God love him, he would do it again and again. That sweet little guy LOVED to play, and had many favorite games (including the sofa-back version of "Pop Goes the Head") that would keep him (and us) going for a long time!

I can't imagine a more wonderful guy than our Murphy, and am grateful we had him for 19 years!
    There aren't too many bad spots that can't be made at least a little better by either a nap, a cat, or both.

Sorry but this title made me laugh. It made me think of the many dog/cat toys around the house who have no heads anymore. The last victim was a monkey. I saw one cat drag of a forelimb, another with a tail, a dog had the head, and the rest of the body is still being demolished. Eventually me and my sister find animal parts and stitch them together to make super monsters like Mr. Bearelephantsheepy Frog.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

just testing my new signature

Hide and seek

When I go to bed, I turn down the bedspread first. SHE tries to jump UNDER the spread before it lies flat again. THEN she jumps up at me every time I approach her.. (from under the spread).. and we punch each other while she is hiding... then I slowly uncover her head. and the game is over....

My Rocky plays peek-a-boo.

I have a futon that has a series of thin metal rods that hold the futon mattress up, but allows most of the mattress to show through.

If I lay down and fold back one end of the futon mattress and say, "Peek-A-Boo" and let it drop back down, that's her que.

She runs under the futon, rolls over on her back, grabs the bottom of the mattress with all fours and runs up and down and back and forth under the mattress, upside down. My job is to keep folding up the corner of the mattress again, stick my head down to the slats and say, "Peek-A-Boo, Rock. Peek-A-Boo, kisses please, Peek-A-Boo," which is her cue to pull herself, still upside down, over to where my face is to either tough my nose with her nose or to present her forehead for a kiss, then to get a quick belly rub while I say "Jelly belly, jelly belly" at which time she will immediately run back, still upside, somewhere else under the mattress where she waits for me to do this all over again.

If I don't instigate this first and she feels like playing peek-a-boo she will go under the mattress, grab hold of it upside down and pull at it, which makes that scratching sound that is my signal she wants to play.

If she's in her fabric box with the holes in it, she'll scratch at that to alert me to play. Then I have to say, "Peek-a-boo, where are you? Where's those little cheeks?" (she has the cutest cheeks you've ever seen, and she knows I love her cheeks -- I'm getting a camera this week, and will post pictures). In this peek-a-boo game she sticks her little cheeks just up above the edge of the holes and waits for me to say, "There you is. There's Mommy's little cheeks. I'm gonna pinch those little cheeks" And then I have to rub her cheeks and tickle her nose.

She really is one crazy little peanut. This is just one of her "shtick." She's got quite a few more. She's always doing something to make me laugh. Next tme I'll share one of her other favorite games, like "kiss my you-know-what" or "maniacal serial killer." What a piece of work she is.

I have 3 other kitties and I love them all the same, but Rocky is quite unque. She and her 4 other littermates were literally all fetching by the time they were only 5 weeks old. I would have an assembly line going.

Gotta go. Someone is scratching under the futon. LOL

Hopefully my new camera I will be getting this week will work and as I mentioned I will simply have to post pictures and brag.

But if you'd like a small coming attraction check out my avatar.

That's Rocky at about 5 months old in one of her more "interesting" moments. You can see why I can't resist pinching those little cheeks.

And then at other times she can actually look cute.

millierules Guest

back flash

Quote Originally Posted by StarandBratsmom View Post
    When both Brat and Star were kittens we played this game I call, "Pop goes the Head."  What you do it put the cat in the center of the bed.  Then you get down on the floor and pop your head up.  It's hilarious because they will try and pounce on you.  As kittens they loved this game and even as adults.  I have trained them not to use their claws so it's just a fun game they like to play.  Do you have any made up games?
    when i played that game my cat had claws an i had to get stitches in me head but yeah it is fun!

The fingers game with the two Aby girls

Heehehehehehehe cute stories.

At night, when I finally get comfy in bed, the two Abys will sometimes try to get a little more play time in with me. I will run my fingers over the side of the bed - very quickly, so that the tips only show, and they will try to catch them. They seldom bite or use their claws, but they do run away, knowing that somehow it is wrong to be attacking their Mom. I can always get them sucked right back in to the game by running the fingers again. This can go on for many minutes. No scars. They think it is fun and NEW each time we play it.

Lucy is not that game playing type. She is a cuddle bug only.

My cats also love the lazer light.