Thread: my car was broken into

my car was broken into

Yesterday morning when I was going to work, I noticed that my gasfiller door was open. I stopped and looked and my gas cap was off too. Someone had put a belgian block by one of the wheels. They didn't get any gas and there was no other damage to my car. Next on my shopping list is a locking gas cap!

Whats a Belgian block?

That brings the suck somebody tried to drain your tank, at least they didnt just stick a pan underneath and jam a screwdriver in it.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Whats a Belgian block?

That brings the suck somebody tried to drain your tank, at least they didnt just stick a pan underneath and jam a screwdriver in it.
    Blue, I'm glad they were too dumb to think of that. I would hate to have to get a new gas tank for a car that has only 9835 miles on it. A belgian block is like a cobblestone (Pittsburgh has some streets paved with cobblestones)

I found my gas door ajar this morning. It has a lock so you need a good tug to open it so I know it wasn't the wind. I have a screen in my tank, so no one can steal my gas

But I think I need to buy a locking gas cap too.. Gas has come way down so I don't know why this is happened...

But a couple weeks ago, 1 car in my row, 2 in the row infront of me & 1 car 2 rows infront of me had their windows smashed Not sure if anything was stolen. But that made the building repair the fence pretty quickly!!

Sadly thats why I keep trash/junk in my car & haven't repaired the cd player (it hangs out about 3"). I know the area isn't well off, so I know sooner or later cars will be broken into. I just want to help make sure its not mine.

Years ago, I worked 2 jobs for 2 years so I could get another car, saved my money and got it. Then someone broke into it and stole the speakers and tried to get the radio but wasn't able to get it before someone must have come along and scared them off.

I was so mad that I could have killed somebody and I probably would have if I could have gotten my hands on them. I did not work 2 jobs for 2 years to have someone else come along and take what I had worked for! They never did find out who did it, lucky for them. I did put the word out that if I found out who it was, they better be watching their back because I WOULD get them, one way or another and they would be sorry they messed with me!

That was the one and only time I ever wanted revenge.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thieves will do just about anything, so nothing fazes me. We've had a rash of smash and grabs in CT. The media is telling everyone to lock up your GPS and radar detectors locked up. Thieves look for the "mark" the suction cups leave on the windshield when removed.

That just plain sucks, David. Glad there was no other damage to the car.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

My stereo got stolen a couple of weeks ago so I can sympathise! (no damage but COME ON it was a cd player you can get on ebay now for about $20 ) Glad there was no damage to your car.
    My gas door is imposible to open WITH the key so someone would really have to work to pry it open and I still want to get a locking gas cap. I just can't find an inexpensive one that fits
    Sigh...with times being as hard as they are, I'd be still willing to sit outside and wait for the theves so I could just hand them the maybe $15 they could have gotten from pawning my cruddy cd player. I'd get to keep my cd player and they'd be $15 closer to whatever they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by david p View Post
    Yesterday morning when I was going to work, I noticed that my gasfiller door was open. I stopped and looked and my gas cap was off too. Someone had put a belgian block by one of the wheels. They didn't get any gas and there was no other damage to my car. Next on my shopping list is a locking gas cap!

How awful ....!!
    What is a "belgian block" ?? And why is it called that way ??
    (I am Belgian too )
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    How awful ....!!
    What is a "belgian block" ?? And why is it called that way ??
    (I am Belgian too )
    That is the Pittsburgh name for a cobblestone. People here have odd names for things.

Can you just have a lock installed on the gas tank door, or how is it done??

We have thieves around here who are breaking into the vehicles of the people at the old folks' home down the block and stealing their handicap signs and plates and all that kind of stuff. They're cutting off plates and taking registration stickers. It's bizarre.

I really try to keep not too much in my car visible, but sometimes I have crap in the back seat. I just hope no one wants to break into a geeky little economy car!