Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brian's Coming Home from Iraq - THIS WEEK!

We're still at the hotel trying to take it easy. Here in a few, we'll head out to get some lunch. Looking out the window, I'm not too excited to go out until tonight though. It just looks so cold and wet!

Anyways, I got woke up at 8 am this morning getting the official word that we need to be at the welcome home ceremony at about 7:30 pm, two full hours before it's scheduled for. So, please keep us in your thoughts that the kids don't get too bored and start acting up while we're waiting. I know at the Fort Hood one the first time he returned, they had a dj pumping out music so the kids were all dancing around. I have no clue how they do it here so it's all going to be new to me! Hopefully there will be something to help with all the kids energy and excitment because I know there will probably be a lot of little ones attending. I also got a text message from Brian letting me know they were boarding a plane and on their way! I can't put into words how excited I'm getting. He's really on his way!

Well, I better get going. The kids are a bit hyper this morning and it's getting to be about lunch time. As I said before, I'll do my best to keep you all updated and I will also be sure to pass your well wishes on to Brian!

Oh, yay! We'll look forward to the updates!

Well, he's back in our arms! The ceremony did take place at 9:30 pm. It was a long wait, the kids were trying to climb all over the bleachers, but we made it. They marched into the gym and I could spot him right away, the one who was limping!!! Jasmine finally got what I meant though about not being able to tell which one was him because they'd all be in the same uniforms. Once they were dismissed, I just stood there and waited for him to spot us up on the bleachers. He made it to us, and Jamsine imediately hugged him. Dominic looked at him and said "daddy" but was a little bit more hesitant to run into his arms. Didn't take long though, as both kids were ready to goof off and play with daddy right away. Finally got on our way back here to the hotel and stopped at McDonalds for a snack. Needless to say, the kids are long asleep now. I guess I'm still just so happy that I feel wide awake!!!

Great news!!!!
    Welcome home Brian!!!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Glad to hear he is home safe!!!

Sorry I didnt get the update in last night...we have a virus or somehingonthe computer that I am trying to get rid of...

i'm so happy about this. welcome home brian.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Brian - Welcome Home - and THANK YOU!!

Is it *SNOWING* yet?

Hey Christy ~

Did you think to pack the Kids' SLEDS for the trip?

6" of SNOW is probably a bit of a *shock* for Brian!
    Snowballs, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota's Mommy View Post
    Well, he's back in our arms! The ceremony did take place at 9:30 pm. It was a long wait, the kids were trying to climb all over the bleachers, but we made it. They marched into the gym and I could spot him right away, the one who was limping!!! Jasmine finally got what I meant though about not being able to tell which one was him because they'd all be in the same uniforms. Once they were dismissed, I just stood there and waited for him to spot us up on the bleachers. He made it to us, and Jamsine imediately hugged him. Dominic looked at him and said "daddy" but was a little bit more hesitant to run into his arms. Didn't take long though, as both kids were ready to goof off and play with daddy right away. Finally got on our way back here to the hotel and stopped at McDonalds for a snack. Needless to say, the kids are long asleep now. I guess I'm still just so happy that I feel wide awake!!!

What a terrific update from you all. I did wonder a little bit how Dominic
    and Jasmine would react to seeing Daddy again.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post

Hey Christy ~

Did you think to pack the Kids' SLEDS for the trip?

6" of SNOW is probably a bit of a *shock* for Brian!
    Snowballs, anyone?

Last Saturday she called me and was complaining it had rained all day...I told her it could be worse it could be snowing! I got a text from her yesterday about 5pm...just letting me know it was snowing there!

Be careful driving out there this weekend, Dad!
    Last edited by Cincy'sMom; 10-29-2008 at 10:35 AM.

I am so happy for you all!! I bet the kids were so exited to see their dad!! And vice versa too !

WELCOME HOME BRIAN !!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom View Post

Last Saturday ... it had rained all day ...

I got a text from her yesterday about 5pm ...
    just letting me know it was snowing there!

Be careful driving out there this weekend, Dad!
    The Welcome Wagon, 2nd Shift, heads to Fort Drum!

Is Mom going along to navigate?

Which begs the question , What is the Furry Tribe going to be doing?

SAFE TRIP, whoever's going!

And remember, if you're nearby Whitney Point and the weather gets bad - Lady's house - where she and her humans reside - is close! But they are on a long, slow hill, so the highway may be safer driving!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post
    The Welcome Wagon, 2nd Shift, heads to Fort Drum!

Is Mom going along to navigate?

Which begs the question , What is the Furry Tribe going to be doing?

SAFE TRIP, whoever's going!
    Nope, Mom is staying home with the dogs. I don't think a 10 hour drive to spend the night and drive 10 hours back the next day was her idea of a fun weekend!