Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As promised, an update

As promised, an update

Hello PT! I've missed you guys sooooo much!

As I promised in my birthday thread, here is an update on all things Lobodeb.

Where do I start?

When I was here last, I think I was still in culinary school, yes? Well, I finished that and will be going to my graduation ceremony next month. I am soooooo proud of myself for finishing. A special thanks to Karen for copy editing all of those papers for me. (Karen, all of which recieved A's thanks to you!) While I was going to school, my cake decorating side business was providing me with lots of practice opportunites (photos to come). So, I've been working in a bakery since the middle of May, partly as a requirement of my degree and party because I need $$$. Here is where things start to go down hill for me.

I used to always joke that my body wasn't meant for physical labor whenever my mom would ask me to do chores. Well, little did I know I was right. My body retaliated big time to me being on my feet working in a bakery. I started getting colds and flus left and right, which is lot like me at all. I also started developing a small mass in my lower right leg which ultimatley needed to be removed surgically. And, to further guild the lilly, I developed a severe case of tendonitis in my right hand which may put an end to my baking/cake decorating career. I had surgery on it 2 1/2 weeks ago as a last ditch effort. Let's hope it works.

While all of this was going on, my marraige started to fizzle out. It was on it's last legs to begin with, so this may not come as a total surprise to some of you, but it's now offical. We're separated. I'm a much happier person now and I'm still on good terms with my husband. He's not a bad person, he's not abusive, or an alcoholic/drug user, we just had some differences that in turn tore us apart.

My mom, Hugito and I now have an apartment in a suburb of Chicago with the fuzzies and are getting settled nicely. I am looking for office work now.

On a brighter note, Hugito is doing very well considering. He's still his happy go lucky little self and doesn't seem to be affected by the separation other than asking for daddy every now and again. My husband has been very good about seeing him on a regular basis though, so I'm sure that helps. He's talking up a storm now and is a HUGE baseball fan. OMG, does this kid love his sports.

I think that's all, so on to the pictures.

Let's start with Hugito.

Here are his 2 year old pics. Granted he's closer to 2 1/2 when these were taken, but ....well, here they are.

Sox fans, never fear, I was saving the best for last!

Yummies pictures in the next post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Yummies as promised....

This wedding cake was our final project in our cake decorating class.

This last pic is our final project from school. Everything you see in the picture, with the exception of the back cloth and marble slab is made out of carmelized sugar.

That's all for now. Thanks again for thinking of us. I'll try to stop by more often.

Wait!!! I found 2 more Hugito pics for you.

I forgot to mention that Hugito loves the animals. He tries to be so good with them. He loves to feed, pet, hug, harrass, err play with them.

Ok, that's all, I promise!

Oh it was so lovely to see you back here on PT and here all your news, i am sorry you and hubby have separated but it sounds as though it was for the best and you are much happier, i have to say your son is so beautiful, he looks so content and happy, better chain him up, wait till he is let loose on the girls, when he is older lol, and the cakes all i can say is WOW, I love the wedding cake you are very talented indeed, congrats for passing, i can see why though, your cakes are awesome.oops i nearly forgot the kitty and pups, all i can say is AWW....so darn cute.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Oh Debby I am so sorry about your marriage...yes I did see it coming and sort of suspected that may be in your update but I am still sorry to hear it. I hope you are taking care of you and it sounds like you are.

Hugito what can I say what a cute little boy! He is gonna have to beat the girls off with a bat.

Bubba misses maggie and sends his love
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Nice to see you. I'm sorry to hear about your breakup, but glad that you seem to be handling it well!

That boy of yours has the BEST smile ever!!! He's adorable
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I am glad you are okay, and boy does Hugito look like he's growing up! Sorry the marriage ended, but I am glad that Hugito is still a happy, happy boy!

Will you have a brace or some physical therapy to help heal from the surgery? I hope it all works, and you are back to making beautiful cakes really soon, and making others happy.

It is so good that Hugito is being raised to be an animal friend, from the looks of him, he's gonna be a big, strong boy, and animals need all the friends they can have!

WOW!! You've really had alot going on for real, Deb. You sound like you're doing well now and on the way to enjoying your life. I really hope your surgery works so you can continue to bake and decorate cakes.
    I'm so sorry to hear about your marriage. I think all things happen for a reason.

Hugito is one of the most handsome boys I've ever seen. Such a great looking boy. I love all the pics of him and especially the ones with your furkids. He's a little lady killer.
    Your cakes and sugar arrangement are unbelievable. You do fantastic work!! This is your calling. I hope you have a long, wonderful life as the chef you have dreamed of being. Best wishes on everything and please keep us updated. Welcome back!! We've really missed you.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Debby!!!! I am so happy to see that you have checked in. I suspected that things were not well at home, and that you have been very busy because of it. I did not expect to hear about your health problems though. I am so sorry to hear that you had to deal with so much at the same time. I hope that the surgery helps you to continue doing what you enjoy, you truly do have a real talent for cake decorating.

Hugito!!! He is just too adorable. Of course he is a happy little guy, he is obviously surrounded by love from his Mom, Dad, Grandmom, and furries.

Hope things get better for you, Deb.

HI DEBBIE !!! So happy to see you posting again!!
    I love that sweet & bright smile on Hugito's face!! What a cutie pie
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

WOW... those are some awesome cakes! You're talented for sure. I'm sorry to hear your body didn't like your chosen career. I'm also sorry to hear things didn't last with your husband. As a child of divorce, I was always so proud of mom for leaving her misery behind and finding my step-dad, who made her happy. I can't imagine what my life would have been like if mom was unhappy all the time. Now you, Hugo, and your ex can find happiness in life

And of course, Hugo is as handsome as ever! I can't believe how BIG he's getting!!!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Debbie ~ I'm so glad to hear you pursued your dream. Congratulations on completing the program. Hope someone takes photos of the graduation.

I wonder if your body was reacting to all the stress you've been under? I'm hoping that as things calm down in your home life, your health will get better.

Please give Hugito's adorable dimples a kiss for me!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

It's so good to hear from you! I jus have to say that Sassy is now at the RB. But on a brighter note, glad to hear things are going well with you! CONGRATULATIONS on your graduation next month and good job following your dream! YOU are certainly excellent at making decorative cakes, if I ever needed a cake I'd definitley go to you. I am sorry your marriage ended, but it's good you guys are still friendly with each other. Hugito is ADORABLE, he has always been such a cute and happy baby. Look at that smile! It must be easy to get pics of him. Welcome back, by the way!

Oh boy, you have been through a lot. I'm sorry about your marriage, but it is great that you are on good terms with him. That helps Hugito a lot.
    I hope your surgery works and you can continue your career in cake decorating, because you are awesome at it!! I love the Harley boot.
    That little boy of yours is so handsome! He has got a killer smile. You are going to have the girls all over him when he hits high school. LOL Heck, he might even become a model!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Debbie, HI! So good to hear from you and see those wonderful pictures of your little...I mean big boy

It sounds as if your handling your separation well, I'm glad to hear that. Sometimes it's for the best.

I really hope your surgery helps your tendinitis and you can continue with the profession you've chosen...because your REALLY good!

Take care and hugs to both you and Hugito

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets