Thread: Rest in Peace Jim.

Rest in Peace Jim.

This morning I thought I beat my boss and everybody else to work. When everybody else showwed up, within seconds of each other, the news was our boss, Jim, died this morning at around 4:30 am of heart failure.

We all sat around in shock, tears where shed, anger was vented, jokes where made and stories where told. 3 of us couldnt cope to actualy work today, 3 of us did work for part of the day. Everybody understood that his son stayed home with his mom rather then come in and attempt to work.

Jim is a man who's bark was WAY worse then his bite and even at 60 years old was highly intimidating if you didnt know him the way we, his long term employees, knew him. There is only 2 people who can get Jim to back down when he gets mad or excited, his wife Theresa, and Jess Hall, our biggest account and builder. I know some of you think I can be harsh and abrasive online and I can be. Im also harsh and abrasive in real life, but nothing on par with the way Jim is. To Jim Harsh and Abrasive is an art form, something I hope not to achieve. You wouldnt know it just meeting him, but Jim is a good man and is a big part of our community.

Jim is a USMC veteran with 2 voluntary tours in Viet Nam, he has said from the day I met him he is living on borrowed time.

Time and time again, Jim has gone out of his way to help or assist us when we where short on cash and needed a draw, needed time off, or other. He allways looked out for us when it came to builders or other subs being d!cks or them just trying to give us a hard time doing our job. It was his job to ride our a$$es and give us a hard time.

Im still in denial over his death, Jim is the toughest old bastard Ive ever been lucky enough to know and work for.

We have the tools, lisences, and the will in place to keep the company running, and not just for our benifit. We want to make sure mama Theresa is still taken care of the way Jim took care of her, its her company now.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Sounds like Jim was a great guy. Keep those happy memories, blessings. Monica

Rest in peace, sir. You legacy will continue.

Rest in Peace Jim. You sound like a person I would have liked.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Jim was one of the most honest most forthright and most brutaly honest person I have ever known. He was truely an aquired taste for most.

Im saddend to say this is the second time in a year I drink to the dead.

Edit: I wrote the OP as my eulogy to Jim, if I change it or expound on it Im going to post it if you want to read it or not. I still cant believe he could die.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

It's always the people who are larger than life who shock us when they die. They somehow seem indestructible. I'm sorry about Jim's passing. He surely made his mark on your heart and on the rest of those who knew him. RIP, Jim and peace to his wife, son and family and you, Blue.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Rest in Peace, Mr. Man. If only there were others like you out there.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

So sorry to read this. I hope his family will be ok.

Thoughts going out to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    So sorry to read this. I hope his family will be ok.

Thoughts going out to you as well.
    Thank you Jenn, and I thank the rest of you as well. Jim was a huge part of our community and he will be missed.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.