Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Barney is an Angel Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    Don't worry about sending my donation back. Use it as you see fit. If it can help Barney, please use it for that. If not, then use it for one of your critters since you have spent a substantial amount for his care. I apologize that it wasn't more. I just wasn't sure what this month's finances were going to turn out to be. If there is more that can be done for him and funds are the problem, please let me know. I'll find a way to help out more.
    LOL, we posted at the same time!
    Oh my gosh, you were so generous to donate. No need to send more and I thank you very much. My post has some good news in it so your wonderful donation is going to be so useful. I hope!!!
    I could never have kept it for my guys though but so nice of you to suggest. I'm just so thankful that he's hanging in there and things are looking up.
    Thanks again Moe!

This makes me want to cry. Tears of joy, though. I want so badly for Barney to get all fixed up and be able to stretch out in front of the fire. He deserves so many belly rubs for what he's been through. You do, too, but I think I'll send you cyber (((HUGS))) instead. LOL This just keeps getting better and better because of angels like you, Lara, and Angela. Btw, when he has the ear polyp removed, (I'm saying 'when' instead of 'if' because I want to stay positive here), more donations will be forthcoming.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

What a wonderful update! Thank you and Angela for all that you are doing for Barney.

Thanks guys! Mary I just added an edit because I realized that your donation was in U.S. dollars and our dollar is so low right now so it will be even more! That is great!

I appreciate your thought for another donation but you have your hands full right now!! And, I'm feeling really positive about the coffee cans that I'm going to put out. It's going to be kind of fun to see how much we can raise. I don't know the cost of polyp removal surgery but I'm guessing around 500.00??

When the time comes, I might see if I can get him to my old vet who could do it with my discount which would save considerable money. He would have to catch a float plane like Tigs or go by car which would be about 5 hours or so. Either way, if he is strong enough, it would be worth it.

Awe... stretching out in front of a fire and getting belly rubs! He must think he's a king!!

I sent out the Revolution (3months worth ). Just be aware that on the contents tag it says "Halloween Candy". LOL! I doubt they'll think anything of it, so we should be cool. hehehehehehe....

I'm going to try to Cheapcycle some of my stuff and see if I can get any donations that way. I don't PayPal any longer (my account got hacked, and PayPal and I have not reached any real solution), so I'll mail anything that I can get. I'll keep you posted!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    Awe... stretching out in front of a fire and getting belly rubs! He must think he's a king!!

I sent out the Revolution (3months worth ). Just be aware that on the contents tag it says "Halloween Candy". LOL! I doubt they'll think anything of it, so we should be cool. hehehehehehe....

I'm going to try to Cheapcycle some of my stuff and see if I can get any donations that way. I don't PayPal any longer (my account got hacked, and PayPal and I have not reached any real solution), so I'll mail anything that I can get. I'll keep you posted!

Thanks so much Jenn! It sounds like you've disguised your package so the border won't think twice! I remember when I sent you that Clomicalm and I labeled it 'office supplies'! LOL And I got so scared of being busted that I put a pen and paper clips inside with the pills. LOL! Does this mean there is chocolate inside with the flea meds?? Just kidding!!

I will let you know when it gets here. And thanks for your offer to donate funds. If you can, that's awesome but the Revolution is a wonderful donation in itself. Which reminds me, I'm going back to edit my first post tonight to include the Revolution! How did I forget that?!? Thanks Jenn!

I'm up late hunting for one of my fur kids (Emmy) who made a jail break this afternoon. It was a nice afternoon and I had the window open so they could get fresh air and they pushed the screen out! I got them all back in but her. She is one of my really rotten ones. It's scary for me that she hasn't came back. I just lost my precious Molly a week ago, she too ran away and was hit by a car. I try so very hard to keep them safe. I need some PT prayers for Miss Emmy's safe return.
    Anyway, what wonderful news about Barney!! The thought of him stretched out in front of the fire is heartwarming! I'm so glad that Angela is staying longer. He is going to be one spoiled little boy, which is great.
    I don't know which Mary your were talking about, Mary (Medusa) and I are both in Ohio. Glad our money goes further for you. Hope your cans are full when you check on them! Looking forward to more little videos of Barney.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgreen View Post
    Thanks guys! Mary I just added an edit because I realized that your donation was in U.S. dollars and our dollar is so low right now so it will be even more! That is great!

I appreciate your thought for another donation but you have your hands full right now!! And, I'm feeling really positive about the coffee cans that I'm going to put out. It's going to be kind of fun to see how much we can raise. I don't know the cost of polyp removal surgery but I'm guessing around 500.00??

When the time comes, I might see if I can get him to my old vet who could do it with my discount which would save considerable money. He would have to catch a float plane like Tigs or go by car which would be about 5 hours or so. Either way, if he is strong enough, it would be worth it.
    I looked up my receipt for Yoda's ear polyp removal surgery and it came to $721.36; that was 4 years ago and Dr. Lee's office told me that I can add a couple of hundred dollars to that price now because, of course, prices have gone up. That included blood work and laser surgery but it did not include follow up work and office visits. It's important to get the polyp at its root or it will just grow back. However, as I said, I'll be happy to contribute to the surgery expense and, at the risk of sounding as though I'm nagging, as soon as Barney is stable enough, that polyp should be removed. Polyps are aggressive little buggers and grow so quickly that you can almost see it happening. I'll help in any way that I can, Lara. I hope that I didn't overwhelm you, especially since Barney has improved so much but I figured that it's better that you know up front what kind of expense to expect. Keep the faythe and rub that boy's belly for me over and over again.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I AM SORRY THAT I DO NOT GO TO CAT HEALTH MORE OFTEN AS I WOULD HAVE MISSED THAT INSPIRING STORY ABOUT ONE BRAVE CAT ,BARNEY.
    IF THERES ANY WAY YOU CAN PM ME, THE FOUND CATS WILL GLADLY DONATE A CATNIP MOUSE FOR THAT DEAR FURRY MIRACLE!!
    GOD BLESS YOU FOR HELPING AND CARING FOR A DEAR SOUL WHO HAS BEEN SO NEGLECTED BEFORE HE MET YOU.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you Randi!! I received your card and donation all the way from Denmark today! I'm surprised it got here so fast. I really appreciate it.

I went to see Barney tonight and he does seem to be doing better. Angela said that today he was washing himself. Not much, just his paws and face but he hasn't ever done this since we brought him inside so it's a good sign.

We gave him yet another bath but this time we actually put him in the sink and into the water. All the baths before this have been bird baths. He was a bit freaked out but he didn't really try to get out. It was nice and warm and I think he partly liked it.

We dried him off and then put the elizabethan collar on him for the first time. He wasn't too sure about it but he is so tolerant and seems like he will put up with it. But he did sit there for the longest time just looking at his food and water bowls as if he was thinking about how he was going to make it work with this new lamp shade he was sporting. lol

I forgot my camera but I had my cell phone so I took a few pics and a few short movies with it. They are kind of grainy but they show him wearing the collar.

Angela told me today that she will be leaving on November 2nd. My goal is to try and find temporary housing for Barney until I can find him a permanent home. I'm praying that it will all work out. Things seem to fall into place each day so I'm hopeful that a furrever home will as well.

Thank you Catmandu for your kind offer of a catnip mouse! That would be wonderful. I will PM you my address as I'm sure something like that might be just what Barney needs to help bring him around and find his more youthful self!

Thanks for the information about the polyp surgery Mary. I agree, the surgery should be done as soon as he is well enough. I hope that will be soon. In the meantime this collar will hopefully keep him from scratching but I think you're right, it may be growing larger so something must be done.

Here are the pics and videos (I will post a few pics below for folks who are unable to view the movies):

I'm glad you got it, although it wasn't much. You know, Denmark is a civilised country, so of course it shouldn't take more than 4-5 days. At least I know it's possible to hide in an envelope.

It's a joy to hear Barney is eating and feeling a bit better, but I bet he's not amused with that collar. I so hope he can have that polyp removed soon, I will send a bit more to help with the bill, when I get payed.

Kisses to Barney, and big hugs to you and Mary for helping him.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh that sweet, sweet boy! He just melts my heart! I wish I could be there to help out, Lara. My first "official" rescue was my RB Peeka, a tuxie, and she had to wear an Elizabethan collar, too, except that she was just a kitten and when she bent down to eat, the collar was so heavy that she'd flop over into the food, so I had to remove it each time she wanted to eat. I can't wait for the day when Barney is well enough for the surgery to remove the ear polyp. He'll be all fixed up and as good as can be! What a wonderful, heartwarming story this is, you two.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I'm glad you got it, although it wasn't much. You know, Denmark is a civilised country, so of course it shouldn't take more than 4-5 days.
    LOL! I'm still surprised because mail from my brother in Arizona takes at least a full week! Thank you again, I'm going to the vet clinic on Monday and putting Mary's (Medusa) and your funds onto Barney's account. I think Angela is bringing him for a recheck on Wednesday.

I didn't see Barney today but I just called Angela and she said he's doing even better today. She said she saw him actually run when he smelled Jack's food being put down on the floor. I said "he really ran???" and she said "well, he walked darned fast!" LOL Good to hear that he has a bit more energy. Angela cut him off at the pass though and made sure he didn't get into the wrong food.

The elizabethan collar was a disaster though. She said that this morning she saw him trying to use the litter box and the collar was causing him to be off balance and the poor guy fell backwards onto his back and just laid there in the box. (kind of like your Peeka into her food Mary) She helped him back up but he wanted none of it and went to lay in his bed. When she checked on him later the bedding was all wet with pee. So, the collar is history and things are good again. He is actually being pretty good about not scratching as much so we're going to see how it goes.

Barney is continuing to wash his face and paws so that is great. I will go over tomorrow afternoon/evening and visit with him.

I made up 3 cans to collect donations and plan to make about 5 more to put in all the local stores and maybe the bank. So far 3 are in 2 stores and 1 coffee shop. One can already has about 10.00 in it and they've only been out for a few hours! I'm going to put a big ad in the classified section of our local webzine to tell people about Barney and where they can find the donation cans for the next week. Then next Saturday, I'll go around and collect them all.
    Everyone who looks at his picture just melts but no one wants to foster him.
    I will keep asking everyone though until we can get him a temporary home while we line up the surgery. We'll get them to neuter him too while he's under.

Here are the 3 cans I made up today with the signs:

You did a fantastic job with the posters for the donation cans!! How can people resist donating to such a pitiful little guy?! I know I couldn't.

Sounds like Barney is doing better, I know he still has a long way to go yet. He and Mary's Pidgelet are on the top of my prayer list.

Mary

Went to visit Barney last night and he is doing pretty well. He showed affection for the first time and was rubbing his head against Angela's arm while she was holding him. I filmed it but missed the part where he laid his head on her arm in the sweetest way. I also held him and got a few pics. He is so sweet and I love his little grouchy face.

I'm bringing over some pet oatmeal/aloe shampoo tonight so we can give him a really good scrub. His fur is still kind of greasy and the shampoo we've been using doesn't seem to be doing anything about that. He also is still a bit constipated and only going every other day so I'm bringing some Fiberific and some Hairball Malt to help get things moving.

Angela is going to bring him in on Wednesday for a recheck and ask the vet about the cost of a surgery. I will be dropping off Mary (Medusa) and Randi's donations at the clinic this afternoon.

Below that is a Barney movie.