Thread: Looking for Relative.

Looking for Relative.

'Allo! I was curious as to something and thought maybe someone might have an idea.

I'm currently looking for a relative and am pretty much at a dead end. I have googled, looked up on social networking sites, and am not sure where to search next. I have next to no information, just a name, and all these web sites want an exorbitant amount of money for something that might turn out to be nothing.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and might be willing to offer some tips.

Was this person in the military? What about the school they went to or church?

Year of birth, parents names, last address, born what city, etc...did you find all that? Maybe put up some kind of ad on different forums askng if that person is reading it please contact you privately?

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    Was this person in the military? What about the school they went to or church?
    I only have the name, possible age, and where they might live (Los Angeles, and that place is huge!). I don't know anything else, unfortunately. I've never even met them but have been searching for approximately ten years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by shepgirl View Post
    Year of birth, parents names, last address, born what city, etc...did you find all that? Maybe put up some kind of ad on different forums askng if that person is reading it please contact you privately?
    Not even the person who knew them and gave me the info knew very much at all. They are probably 40-45 so that would put them at being born in the latter half of the 60s. No clue to name, address, or anything. They may or may not live in Los Angeles. That's all I could uncover thus far. I am not even sure if the spelling of the name is correct.

I have indeed done that. I have ads up on several sites but no response.

At our local library, we would send people looking for someone to our Geneology department. You might see if you have that available and check. Also, a private detective but they are pretty pricey. Is the website; anywho.com still around? Not sure if that would work if they are but it might be worth a try. Good luck.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!