Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't know she's huge

Doesn't know she's huge

Hi guys. Funny Story. My neighbor has this beautiful puppy that is half bull dog and half golden retriever I think. She is a beautiful dog though. Well I was visiting the other day. While sitting in the recliner, the dog jumps up and sits in my lap. She sat there as though she weighed 5 pounds rather than 50. It was hilarious. She has no idea how big she is. I just petted her and let her stay, it was quite cute. Does anyone else experience this with their larger pets?

This cracks me up!!!!! Wish you had a picture of her!

Missy sometimes do it to me , most especially at night while watching TV. I'd like to sit on the floor, and as soon as she sees me on the floor, she would sit on my lap Missy is now 65 lbs. and I'm very petite, more or less 105 lbs, so we look funny together!!! WIsh I could sit on her lap!!!

OOOHHH Yeah.

Rio is about 85 now, and he has never really been little; at 12 wks he was already 35 pounds.

Anyhoo, he's mamas big lap puppy. 9:00 pm sharp, on the couch in mama's lap, elbow in the muscle above the knee. He stays like this for about 20 minutes before the last potty break.

By this time, the knee no longer feels anything.

I guess this is a common situation. I am petite too, 95 pounds with a 50 pound cutie in my lap. I will try to get a picture of her and scan it for ya'll. She really is a lovely dog.

Oh Rio BABY!!! Do you have a picture of her? She must be SOOO CUUUUTTTTEEE !!!!!

Yup! Oh my I am only 120 and my 95lb rott loves to sit, lay, lean on me whenever she can. My 68lb shep mix sits on me when I am on the floor. The lightest dog at 52lb you have to drag on your lap.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

We won't talk about my weight, but our 110 pound Danes both think they're lap dogs. They sit in my lap and watch TV with us. Actually all of our dogs like to sit in our laps, with the lone exceptions of Vonney and Dudley.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

ha! I love Danes, wonderful, loving dogs.

Oh yeah! This happens quite often.

Smokey and Pork Chop think they fit great on my lap. Sometimes together.
    Smokey also thinks he's light as a feather and sleeps on my legs.

I must be one of the few on this board that don't let my animals on the furniture. Keisha never wanted to get on it, and Angus was just always too big. And Roxey...too hairy! So therefore that means Huney can't be on it either, even tho she doesn't really shed or weigh very much, but it wouldn't be fair to let her and not let the other 2.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

We are definitely headed in that direction!!! We don't allow Malone on the furniture, just because within the last 2 years we got all new couches and chairs, etc. However, when he was teeny-tiny I would let him sit on my lap while I'm at the computer. Now at almost 40 lbs. he's a hunkin balooba (as we call him) I can just imagine that when he doubles he will still want up on Mommy's lap, and she's too much of a softie to say "NO!"

Of course they're allowed on the furniture.
    I'm not getting on the floor to cuddle! hee hee.

I'm with you Manda!! lol I'm entirely too lazy and gimpy to get on the floor and not only that, but Mike works 3rd shift and I need someone to keep me warm!! hehehehe

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

How cute! Drake too thinks he is a lap dog! He's 95 lbs and growing!!!

Doesn't know how huge!!

Hey, that is Deisel and Phoebe all the way!! They both think they weigh about 25lbs. Deisel usually won't get on the furniture but Phoebe always tries to sneak onto the couch. We are trying to teach her not to lay on the furniture.