Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women Shot By Stove

Women Shot By Stove

Woman shot by stove

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 09:07 AM EDT

SEKIU, Wash. (AP) - A woman in Washington state says her cast-iron stove shot her in the leg.

Cory Davis tells the Peninsula Daily News that she had just stoked the heating stove in her home Sunday when she heard a loud bang and was struck in her left calf.

She says she initially thought "that was one fast hot coal flying at me."

In fact, she was hit by part of a 22-gauge shotgun shell that she had accidentally put into the stove with newspapers she used to light it. A box of shells had spilled nearby a few weeks before.

Davis says she removed the metal fragment herself Sunday and sought treatment for the shallow wound the next day.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wow.....maybe she will be a little more careful about leaving shotgun shells around now???

I hope she doesn't have any dogs or toddlers crawling around at her place.
    The shell might have been found earlier.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

& its idiots like this that make the rest of us gun owners look bad

Quote Originally Posted by king2005 View Post
    & its idiots like this that make the rest of us gun owners look bad
    Daa Thank You = such a goof

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I guess she should be thankful she only got shot in the leg.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Hmmm......no such thing as a 22 gauge shotgun shell.

20 gauge, yep.

.22 cal shotgun cartridge, yep.

If it's a .22 cal shotgun cartridge, I can easily understand how it could happen. Those things are tiny.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

WOW!!! What a freak accident! That's just bizarre.

Just when you think you've heard it all.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Hmmm......no such thing as a 22 gauge shotgun shell.

20 gauge, yep.

.22 cal shotgun cartridge, yep.

If it's a .22 cal shotgun cartridge, I can easily understand how it could happen. Those things are tiny.
    I assumed they meant 20 guage, as they did say shotgun. I'm also assuming its some kind ball baring as a slug/buck-shot more then likely wouldn't have gone into her skin, like a small ball-baring would. But she'd have 1 heck of a bruse & damaged skin from a slug/buck-shot

Eitherway, its irresponsible of her.
    We are taught there is no such thing as a firearm accident. Carelessness is the cause, & it's careless people like her that make more stupid laws...

It was probably a piece of the cartridge case, not a pellet, that did the damage.

ACCIDENTS do happen.

Ever drop a box of .22 cartridges? Those )(@*&)* things go all over the place. Even if you think you picked all of them up, you can easily miss one or two.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

It was probably a piece of the cartridge case, not a pellet, that did the damage.

ACCIDENTS do happen.

Ever drop a box of .22 cartridges? Those )(@*&)* things go all over the place. Even if you think you picked all of them up, you can easily miss one or two.
    Nope, cause our boxes come taped or in pre locked boxes so that can't happen.
    When we bought the .22's at Wal-Mart in a box of 500 we would tie the bag so non could fall out. Then we'd go to the gun table (nothing can fall off the table) & dump them into the fireproof safe. That safe was never allowed to be open unless it was safely in the middle of the gun table. Or we would load up the small lock boxes on the gun table.

You learn all that stuff in firearms class

We don't need the laws getting worse up here

And I've gone through far more stringent training in the military.......

and despite all the precautions you could ever take, accidents still happen.

There's no such thing as a zero-defect method.Physics and humans being human come into play. You CANNOT eliminate all risk.

I've dropped a plastic cartridge box of .22 shot shells, the case shattered, and the damned things went everywhere.

There's no such thing as a zero-defect method.Physics and humans being human come into play. You CANNOT eliminate all risk.

I've dropped a plastic cartridge box of .22 shot shells, the case shattered, and the damned things went everywhere.
    Exactly why I don't want guns in the house.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

The difference is, is that your on a firing range or in a designated area for guns/ammo... So "if" something falls its not that big of an issue... in a normal fireing range there shouldn't be fire!! lol In a home, its so easy to prevent that sort of thing from happening.

& why was she messing with ammo near fire or materials used for fire? We never used teh fireplace, but we sure didn't bring our ammo over there.. ammo + fire = bad... ammo + water = bad too.. just not in a harmful way

In fact, she was hit by part of a 22-gauge shotgun shell that she had accidentally put into the stove with newspapers she used to light it. A box of shells had spilled nearby a few weeks before.

A partial box of cartridges fals into a pile of newspaper.........think you're going to account for every .22 cartridge?

The difference is, is that your on a firing range or in a designated area for guns/ammo...
    mm do they just teleport themselves there?