Thread: Two dogs - what a difference!

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)

Two dogs - what a difference!

We have my mom's dog at home now. A cute, adorable 5 year old Poodle mix. Looks like a sausage on too short legs.

Cooke and Dunja love each other, and most of the time they sleep in their basket.

But right now, after the morning walk, they just can't get enough of each other and play Very Wild and Very Loud and race all over the house. You can just imagine how it looks like when they fly over the wooden floors from one wall to the other.

Cookie is much larger than Dunja of course, and always lays down so that she is about the same height as Dunja. They smell from playing, they sweat, and they just can't get enough of each other.

What a difference. But fun.

And pictures will come someday this week.

Isn't it just fun to watch dogs at play! Seems like Cookie and Dunja both like having a playmate

Can't wait to see pictures!

I agree with DoggiesAreTheBest,
    their is nothing more enjoyable than
    watching dogs play. Great therapy for
    us humans.

----<---<--<{(@

It is wonderful to see dogs playing together. Dixie and Dusty go at it off and on all day long. My friend Kathi (Aunt Jazz's owner) just got a new puppy a few weeks ago and Dusty is in love with playing with her. The two of them go at it nonstop until they are totally exhausted.

Blaze (Kathi's other dog - Dixie's brother) doesn't like the puppy and won't play with her. We believe he is still trying to get over missing Jazz. The two of them played like Dixie and Dusty do.

Deisel and Phoebe can't get enough of each other. They are always together. I love watching dogs play together and its so entertaining!!!

It's just great they get along so well! Now you only need Eddy and Rudie to join in - and they'll slim down so fast!

Looking forward to the pics!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Originally posted by Randi
    Now you only need Eddy and Rudie to join in - and they'll slim down so fast!
    Oh, Dunja doesn't like Eddy and tries to bite her all the time. So, we keep Eddy upstairs since she's too sick to defend herself.

But Rudie likes to watch them. Loosing weight isn't on his schedule though

Two dogs is double everything! Buddy & Abby, can be so cute and sweet esp. when they curl up together. They just need to get over playing so rough and biting each other. I am so used to mellow Buddy and Abby she has chewed up 3 shoes all from different pairs and is a terror sometimes - always looking for trouble! LOL We still have issues to work out.

I know exactly what you mean. When my two dogs start playing, there's no stopping them. They are both 80 pounds and sometimes I think they are going to break something. It's always fun to watch, until you see a little two footer walking in the room and one of the dogs knocking them over. One time the dogs were playing and my little girl who was two or three at the time came walking through the kitchen. Dakota was running at full speed and tried to jump over her. He caught her head with his foot. He almost cleared her. Well, of course, she went flying backwards. She was not a happy camper!!!!! The dogs, of course, were oblivious to what had just happened. They kept right on playing.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

I wish Reggie and Smokey would play with Nebo...but unfortunately that is not the case. They don't play at all now. They used to play with eachother a bit. It was really funny, they'd both get on their backs with their heads together biting and making the oddest noises.
    Dakota was running at full speed and tried to jump over her. He caught her head with his foot. He almost cleared her.
    LOL yeah I'm sure she was not very happy about that! Nebo LOVES to jump....he often uses Smokey and Reggie as hurdles...literally just leaps right over them...they are not really happy about it either.

Dunja and Cookie playing reminds me of when we let Lady (german shorthair) play with Mckinney (west highland terrier...I miss him still...). He has those short little legs, and hers are huge! It was hilarious to watch! Nebo and Lady just LOVE to play too, sometimes I just worry that they are getting a bit too rough.

Oh, Tango hates my roommates dog. Tango is old and very set in his ways. He has lived in that apartment for 4 years now, just him and us before that dog came along in May.

Originally posted by KYS
    I agree with DoggiesAreTheBest,
    their is nothing more enjoyable than
    watching dogs play. Great therapy for
    us humans.
    Sure is great therapy! And fun too! We have people over every Wednesay to work on our haunted house and it amazing how often we find ourselves all watching my two dogs chase each other around the kitchen.

I can imagine!!! When Shaianne was alive and at Christmas my sister would bring her dog Scooby Doo and they were wild!! My mom would go nuts!! You would have to peel her off the ceiling!! Now Keegan is enough for 2 dogs sometimes!! She hasn't been around Scooby since Christmas. Once a year is enough!!!
    Can't wait to see pictures!
    Steno, my aunt's RB dog, Corey, and I were playing one day when I was about 7-8 years old and I was running and jumping, and she was behind me, and she jumped over my head!!! I felt her nails scratch the top of my head!! She was an awesome dog!!
    Part irish setter part ? she was black and white but looked like a mini version of an irish setter. I still miss her. When I was about 8-9 my parents let me dog sit her. (very impressive since my mom was adamant at the time about NO INSIDE DOGS) And of course since I wasn't familiar with inside dogs, she came up in the middle of the night and woke me up and I took her back downstairs and put her to bed. Didn't even dawn on me to let her out!!!! I was young and didn't know better! My dad said she peed for like 5 min straight in the morning!! When she was younger she accidently got locked in my aunt and uncles bathroom and she couldn't get out and she knew she couldn't poop on the floor so she jumped in the bathtub and pooped in there!!! My uncle wasn't happy! Oh well, I digress, she was an awesome dog, you would think she was mine, they way I have carried on about her! SORRY!

That last story kinda reminds me of a story I read a while ago on www.baddogs.com . A dog was locked in the bedroom and had to poop and he backed himself up against, the open window, and pooped out the window!!! Of course there was lawn furniture right underneath the window!! BIG MESS!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..