Thread: Boston Terriers - Houston, TX

Boston Terriers - Houston, TX

A friend of mine lost his female boston terrier because some jerk off swerved to hit her on purpose when she was crossing the street. It's been about a half a year now... and he says he's ready for another dog. Initially I gave this dog to him. It was one of my mom's dog's puppies. Since all her dogs are fixed... no more puppies. I don't know anyone else who has a boston terrier. I live in Houston, TX. If you know of anyone who has a boston terrier puppy in need of a home around the Houston, TX to Livingston, TX area... please let me know. I do not care about papers... who cares if they're AKC...or whatever else... all that matters is that they're loveable and get a good home. Since I know personally how much he loved his dog... I know he will take good care of a new one... also...I am not looking for a miniature boston terrier... I'm looking for the ones that range from 20-30 lbs. Doesn't matter the color. Just as long as they're healthy.

There are several Bostons listed on Petfinder.com in the Houston area.

Check petfinder or your local boston rescue.

BTW there is no such thing as a mini boston, that's just a gimmock from a irresponsible breeder.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Hmm... all I know is that a couple years back someone gave my mom a boston, and she never grew any bigger than 10 lbs. I don't know who is right here, but she sure was a miniature compared to my other boston.

Boston's range in size, 10lbs isn't uncommon at all and neither is 30lbs. I believe the standard is 10 to 25lbs, they do not have a "mini" boston

Quote Originally Posted by a_wenn88 View Post
    Hmm... all I know is that a couple years back someone gave my mom a boston, and she never grew any bigger than 10 lbs. I don't know who is right here, but she sure was a miniature compared to my other boston.
    There is no such ethical thing as a "miniature" boston terrier. In the land of bad/irresponsible breeding, there are such gimmicks as "mini", "teacup", "Imperial"- sized dogs. But these gimmicks are used solely to deceive the general public to convince the public to buy their products (undersized puppies).

If you are adamant about buying from a breeder, find your breeder on the Boston Terrier Club of America's referral list:
    http://www.bostonterrierclubofameric...leBreeder.html
    Please read the article before clicking on the "Referral List".

okay fine and dandy... like I said, i don't care about the papers... I just care that the dog finds a good family to love them. I'm not into breeding.... I'm just into being a loving pet owner. Mini or gimmick.. the sizes do differ small or average... whatever you will... it's a dog to me. A potential additional to someone's family. Thanks for the advice everyone, but a friend has a boston who is about to have puppies... so problem solved... maybe they'll be MINIs.. haha good lord... alright everyone.. thanks again

It's not about papers or whether or not you wish to breed. I don't breed. I don't plan to breed. It's not about that. It's not about whether a size difference exists. It's about ethics.

People who produce "mini" dogs, such as "mini" Boston Terriers, are adding unnecessary lives into a heavily over populated world for no valid reason. Breeding should be done for the betterment of the breed (i.e. for working ability, for herding ability, for Schutzhund, for police work, etc.), NOT to produce pet-quality puppies. If you want a pet-quality puppy, there's plenty at your local shelter. In fact, there are millions of pet-quality puppies being condemned to death every year in our shelters.

When people produce "mini" breeds, they do so to pander to the public, to sell their product. But is it ethical to produce these "products" when there are millions of the same quality "products" being put to sleep every year? No. That is the issue. It's not about papers. It's not about terminology. It's about the ethics.

We have a new neighbor on our street who has a Boston Terrier - Evie - and I said "I'm always glad to meet a Boston here in the Boston area!" They are such funny little charmers.

So you're saying FREAK accidents are not allowd to happen?!? So little people are an abomination or as you say "unnecessary lives"??!??... It can happen to humans hun.... it can happen to anything or anyone... Honestly I don't know many people who intentionally breed an animal just for your so-called abomination... the matter is.. that there is a size difference.. my mother received a boston from a lady who was selling her dog's pups...the mother and father of course were of a "normal" size boston... and along came this tiny little cuties named Ellie.... we thought she would grow as we've never heard of a miniature boston until she didn't grow any bigger than 11 lbs. I don't call her an abomination or was she even close to being malnourished... like i said I could give a crap less about papers about quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Giselle View Post
    It's not about papers or whether or not you wish to breed. I don't breed. I don't plan to breed. It's not about that. It's not about whether a size difference exists. It's about ethics.

People who produce "mini" dogs, such as "mini" Boston Terriers, are adding unnecessary lives into a heavily over populated world for no valid reason. Breeding should be done for the betterment of the breed (i.e. for working ability, for herding ability, for Schutzhund, for police work, etc.), NOT to produce pet-quality puppies. If you want a pet-quality puppy, there's plenty at your local shelter. In fact, there are millions of pet-quality puppies being condemned to death every year in our shelters.

When people produce "mini" breeds, they do so to pander to the public, to sell their product. But is it ethical to produce these "products" when there are millions of the same quality "products" being put to sleep every year? No. That is the issue. It's not about papers. It's not about terminology. It's about the ethics.

Mutations happen. That's a fact of evolutionary life.

Dogs who are born abnormally small are entitled to a loving home, but they should NOT be purposely bred to be an abnormally small size nor should their abnormalities be marketed/specially priced.

Breeding should only be done to "better the breed". Only dogs proven in the ring or in the field or similar "job" should be bred. Dogs who are bred for the sole purpose of companionship are, in essence, being bred for no legitimate reason aside from money.

I never used the word "abomination" nor "malnourished". Please, read my post. I was talking about the millions of dogs dying in shelters and the plethora of dogs who are bred for no legitimate reason (i.e. people who purposely breed "miniature" boston terriers).