Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HAPPY ENDING #13 * Seattle cat needs donations for kidney stone surgery

AWww, this is wonderful! She is such a beautiful kitty. I'm so glad she'll get the surgery she needs PLUS a new home.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Surgery a success! (Cecilia still has vet bills; if you can help, click on link)

http://savedorie.webs.com/blog.htm

Blog
    Thanks (and totals) for Day #4
    Tuesday, Oct 7, 2008

Dorie's operation was a great success.

The stone was smooth, so it came out easily and there was no permanent damage to the interior of her bladder. She woke up very shortly after and was alert and aware when the doctor called.

The letters continue to come in. Everyone is glad that she is going to be okay, even though some were upset with me for not trying harder to keep her. (...and others thought I kept her too long and should have given her up the first night!)

Thanks to Peggy for her tireless research and neverending list of suggestions.

Thanks to Harmon for pushing my Good Samaritan Funding request and trying to get Dorie into the UW vet program. And thanks to everyone who called their family vet and got discount pricing for Dorie, especially Barb, who not only worked out a payment plan before ever meeting me or Dorie, but offered to pay half the bill.

I don't know if Dorie will have continued heath issues, and I don't know if she's found a permanent home, but I have faith that whatever her path, she will have plenty of help. Erin has offered to open up her home to Dorie if she doesn't fit in well at the doctor's house.

A huge thanks to Neva for adding a whopping $50 to the Save Dorie Fund in loving memory of Madeline, her faithful companion of 20 years; and to Shelly for adding $1 when everyone else thought they couldn't afford to give. Every dollar counts. Thank you for not discounting your ability to make a difference.

Total for Day #3: $51
    Total Raised in the Save Dorie campaign: $111
    Total Vet Bills: $445

Dorie's Life: Priceless
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

THAT IS GREAT NEWS AND I AM SURE THAT MY DEAR MOTHER DORIS, WHO TAUGHT ME ABOUT THE LOVE OF OUR PET COMAPNIONS, IS THERE WITH DORIE NOW, COMFORTING HER AND TELLING HER THAT HER GLORIOUS GOTCHA DAYS COMONG SOON!!!
    THATS SUCH GREAT NEWS, ANOTHER LITTLE SOUL RESCUED
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Here's a pic. Cecilia doesn't have a regular carrier...but there is a neat bag she uses that Dorie seems just fine with.

What a pretty girl!

From the blog: "UPDATE: Phinney Ridge Animal Hospital will charge only $750 but they recommend a budget of $1000 for "elverything"."

Here's the link again: http://savedorie.webs.com/index.htm

I sent her more contact info on the Vet School at Washington U...I hope they let her know soon. Dorie is scheduled for surgery Wednesday or Thursday.

There are ways to help without donating money. Please click on the link for more info.

Aw, she looks like my Yodie Yodie, sweet thing. I'm so glad that things have worked out.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11